Is this possible??
Ok, so i can get internet connection/XBC/xlink on my xbox via router and wired connection to my pc. Internet works good, stream movies, etc... BUT im relocating my xbox to another room and my Ethernet cable is not long enough to reach from the router to the xbox. My question is, can I use the laptop, (which is currently using the wireless connection from my router) to connect to my xbox via Ethernet port and be able to get online with the xbox. So in a nutshell im saying..can i use my laptop's wireless signal in connection with my laptops ethernet port to connect to my xbox? I read somewhere about bridging connections, but i kind of got lost. I didnt know if it was possible because it would make my life so much easier instead moving my xbox from room to room when i want to play it online. So is this possible?? Am i off-topic?? lol Just needed some info on it.
Yes you can bridge the two connections (wireless + ethernet) or you could install a HTTP proxy or even Internet Connection Sharing on your Windows PC... If you would share your Windows version we might be able to provide you with some relevant links...
The "quick" bridging tutorial would be to open your Network Connections panel, select both your wireless and ethernet NICs, right click 'em and select "bridge" from the context menu.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
I have windows 7. I managed to get the connection bridged, but then what?? I highlighted the two connections, bridged them, and it seems like nothing happens. I mean i guess the bridge worked because I can still browse the internet, and the new bridged connection shows up in the networks window, but it seems like nothing has changed on the xbox's end. I read somewhere about needing a cross-over cable, does this apply in my situation? Or can I use a regular Ethernet cable?

BTW im using XBMC as my Dash.
just use internet connection sharing http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...on-Sharing
@Calico_NC
Actually that part might be true - I've used the bridging on Windows 7 and I think my cable might've been x-over... I don't know if DHCP packets are passed on so maybe try again but set a fixed IP on your Xbox first (obviously use the same IP class as on the other computers and don't use the same IP twice). Test by pinging the Xbox from the PC end. If still doesn't work, maybe then try assigning a fixed IP to the bridge itself and test again, hth.
ok i manually edited the settings on the xbox ip,dns,gateway,etc..still no go. Tried pinging and it states, Destination Host unreachable. Im guessing I need to get a cross-over cable or try the ICS method above. Do i need an x-over cable for ICS also?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this possible??0