Player.ShowInfo as a skin setting
I can foresee a scenario where people would like to have info fade after 10 seconds and others that like to have it stay up the whole time?

Is there a way for that to be a toggle?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Press I.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

or if you really want to get fancy you can put a button in your Music osd for <onclick> Player.ShowInfo</onclick>

No seems to be able to comprehend that the actual Player.ShowInfo is a toggle itself for music and if its set will always be true. for videos its only true until the next movie you play but music its always true once set
What I was going for was in Confluence you start a song, go to Fullscreen playback, and after 10 seconds the Cover and info fades away...in my tests thats controlled by Player.ShowInfo. In my skin I didn't have Player.ShowInfo when I put it in the Cover and info faded away till next song. Am I correct in Player.ShowInfo controls that behavior?

Yes I was thinking about a MusicOSD button once I discovered this behavior, I dont listen to music so I learn this stuff as I goBig Grin

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:What I was going for was in Confluence you start a song, go to Fullscreen playback, and after 10 seconds the Cover and info fades away...in my tests thats controlled by Player.ShowInfo. In my skin I didn't have Player.ShowInfo when I put it in the Cover and info faded away till next song. Am I correct in Player.ShowInfo controls that behavior?

yes, just add <visible>Player.ShowInfo</visible> to the cover and info.

as jm and Jezz_X already said, you can use the 'I' button to toggle Player.ShowInfo.
it toggles between 'always visible' and 'fade after X seconds'.

in advancedsettings.xml you can specify after how many seconds the info should fade out: <songinfoduration>10</songinfoduration>.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Player.ShowInfo as a skin setting0