Linux img for ATV
I would like to try Linux on ATV + ChrystalHD. But

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...he_AppleTV

looks quite daring to me. I was wondering if someone has this successfully working could an image of that install be made available?
ASUS Chromebox (celeron), Openelec 5.0.8, Aeon Shednox
Panasonic GT60, Cambridge Audio TV2
Synology 411j
Be patient. I'm almost done with making one.
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:Be patient. I'm almost done with making one.

cool...
What would this mean exactly? An easier way to get linux on atv?
It means all the hard work will be done for you Smile

You just download the disk image, save it onto your USB (I will provide instructions) and it's fit for use on aTV
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:It means all the hard work will be done for you Smile

You just download the disk image, save it onto your USB (I will provide instructions) and it's fit for use on aTV

I think I can speak for a few forum users when I say that this sounds awesome.

I know that my wife would kill me if I disabled XBMC by trying to get the GUI a little bit more responsive by using Linux.

Good luck Sam.
Thanks hehe, I'm almost done.
Can't wait for this, thanks!
sounds awesome....
Nice thanks for that Sam.Nazarko looking forward to it.
even though I don't have many issues with XBMC + crystalHD running on the aTV, I would like to try running it under linux.
I did install linux on it when installing the crystalHD driver wasn't so straightforward as it is now, but that was not something I'd easily do again.
I'd love to see what sam nazarko can come up with for us non-linux guys.
I also would like to lend my encouragement to your project. I have never messed with linux before and it scares my little brain (I have managed the sshing and basic stuff to mess with my atvs nightlies, usb, ftp etc....but that is kind of my limit). Thank you very much for being willing to take this on.

I have the CrystalHD card and still get lots of stutters and stuff on the atv (leading me to use....shudder...my WDTV! for HD content).

I'd love to try the linux install, especially if you can help make it less painful.

Cheers
looking forward any updates on it.

i tried to install linux but the usb port on my apple aluminum keyboard doesn't let usb stick to be bootable... and i have no usb hub...
Big Grin 
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:It means all the hard work will be done for you Smile

Sounds encouraging!
I quit using the ATV because it was so sluggish.
As far as getting XBMC (linux version) onto the ATV, will that also be in the image or? I was doing all my updates through the ATV loading the SVNs and all....
I am on a Windows machine.
I'm on a Windows machine primarily too.

yes, it includes the latest SVN r28256, and I will keep it maintained.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux img for ATV0