• 3(current)
[LIVE] HOW-TO Install XBMC on Lucid Mini with PCM Multichannel and Nvidia 256.25
Maybe this will be fixed in the new XBMC version.

To fix your auto start try sudo apt-get --purge remove xbmc-live-* then install it again with sudo apt-get install xbmc-live
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
Also if you are using the stable ppa, switch to the nightly one. There has been significant improvements since Camalot.

cheers.
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Roelio: again it is helped, thanks Smile (edited)
harryzimm: I'm using pvr-testing2

I found that there is one more thing to test:
type:
nvidia-settings
and on the left hand side select "OPENGL SETTINGS" then untick vsync
then click on OPENGL/GLX and untick vsync and flipping.

but if I typing sudo nvidia-settings I have:
ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run `nvidia-settings --help` for usage information.

Thanks guys for Your patient Smile
ok, try

Code:
sudo service xbmc-live stop

Code:
xinit

use you mouse to hover over the terminal so you can type

Quote:sudo nvidia-settings

should be able to make the changes now. When you have finished type exit. Then

Code:
sudo service xbmc-live start

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
I'm fighting with judder, currently adding modeline to xorg.conf
So now there is new problem...
Editing guisettings.xml (adding proper refreshrate) not affect in XBMC
better... when paste any new skin to skin folder /home/myuser/.xbmc/skin
there is no visible in xbmc menu... meaby there is other folder? can't find it

so again please for help... Smile
ok now I know that in new SVN skins should be on addons folder (standard skin.Confluence should be there) but ./xbmc/addons/ there is only empty folder named packages...

I confused... everyone have there folders like skin.concfluence but I don't Sad
Well I've thrown in the towel. After 6 weeks of trying to get XBMC to run seamless and running into a new problem every day I've completely given up.

Imo - nothing should be this complicated and if it is, well then its too soon to expect that it should. Im going to sell my Zotac Mag and wait for all of this XBMC video stutter/mutli-channel audio/sleep wake insanity gets resolved all at once.

Its been real - thanks to everyone who continually tried to help me out. I really did appreciate it.
The Chef Wrote:Well I've thrown in the towel. After 6 weeks of trying to get XBMC to run seamless and running into a new problem every day I've completely given up.

Imo - nothing should be this complicated and if it is, well then its too soon to expect that it should. Im going to sell my Zotac Mag and wait for all of this XBMC video stutter/mutli-channel audio/sleep wake insanity gets resolved all at once.

Its been real - thanks to everyone who continually tried to help me out. I really did appreciate it.

Did you actually try following the guide using lucid mini as the base? All those issues work perfectly here, and on multiple installs. I suggest starting from scratch and trying the guide.

cheers
harryzimm Wrote:Did you actually try following the guide using lucid mini as the base? All those issues work perfectly here, and on multiple installs. I suggest starting from scratch and trying the guide.

cheers

Hey Harry,
Yeah I tried that this morning and it finished the install and tells me to reboot. So I do. And I have a black screen with a blinking cursor. The OP mentioned an incredibly long boot time so I just let it sit there. After 20 minutes or so I hard booted it and tried again, same problem.

In the beginning of the guide it says this:
"Open unetbootin and select diskimage and browse to the mini.iso.Choose ur usb drive and hit ok.
Once unetbootin has copied the files to USB, go to the root of the usb drive and open syslinux.cfg with a text editor and replace" but it just ends. What am I supposed to replace? Maybe thats my boot problem?
Sorry for complete ignorance here, but this guide is just fine for using on a Karmic install also right?

Thanx Smile

...My problem being that I'm unable to get xbmc to run at 1080p as it should - have tried following the guide to modifying the display settings txt file with no joy. On karmic there's the "XCI" script that will automatically sort all that out for me.
The Chef Wrote:Hey Harry,
Yeah I tried that this morning and it finished the install and tells me to reboot. So I do. And I have a black screen with a blinking cursor. The OP mentioned an incredibly long boot time so I just let it sit there. After 20 minutes or so I hard booted it and tried again, same problem.

"Open unetbootin and select diskimage and browse to the mini.iso.Choose ur usb drive and hit ok.
Once unetbootin has copied the files to USB, go to the root of the usb drive and open syslinux.cfg with a text editor and replace" but it just ends. What am I supposed to replace? Maybe thats my boot problem?

A few of us had this problem and it was pointed out this is because when you install the USB stick is having GRUB installed to it when it shouldn't.

During install at the point where you are asked if you want GRUB installed to the MBR, say "no".

Then it will ask where you want it...

Type "/dev/sdb1" without quotes.

You shouldn't have a problem then.

For me it was sdb1, it might be sdc1 etc depending on what the partitioner displayed your hard drive address as earlier in the install.
The Chef Wrote:Hey Harry,

He's missed the text your meant to replace in the OP. Have a look at the thread in the "Step by Step" forum relating to HDMI multichannel audio. It's a couple of pages from the end,
Quote:Originally Posted by Roelio
Your Welcome ! And yeah it's a great guide

Still looking for a way to fix my insane long boot time Someone else experience this too?

You should try downgrading to legacy grub. On my asrock grub2 hangs for up to 60s.
Hi,

@The Chef

The solution is here. change /dev/sdc1 to whatever you primary hdd is. Use "sudo fdisk -l" to find it. Forget editing the syslinux file, its not needed.

@robo989,

Karmic should be ok but i think you need to manually upgrade alsa for pcm multi audio.

cheers
Holy crap you guys are amazing its actually working. Its boots right into XBMC and plays 1080p video flawlessly. Laugh

But I still have no audio - when I play a movie it says Failed to Initialize Audio Device. In my audio settings I have it set to:

Audio Output: Digital
-Dolby Digital capable reciever: "On"
-DTS Capable Receiver: "On"
Audio Output Device: "hdmi"
Passthrough Output Device: "hdmi"

Here is what my Alsamixer looks like:
Phone pic is impossible to tell but the all the audio channels say 00 not M.

When im booting it does give a little error message at the top saying nForce2: Error probing SMB2 - dont know if that is related or even a big deal.

Thanks so much guys. You rock. Big Grin

Any ideas?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] HOW-TO Install XBMC on Lucid Mini with PCM Multichannel and Nvidia 256.256