Announcing my retirement (melodramatic)
okay, this is probably no big deal, and i apologize for seeming arrogant by even posting here, but i do feel like i made a promise on my website (when i welcomed script requests), and i just felt like i ought to let people know what was changing.

basically, i'm going to have to dramatically cut back the amount of time i have available to work on xbmc scripts. i'm planning on finishing the current development of xradar and xmonitor (which seem very popular, btw), and i want to finish up and release a script called "syndicator" that helps manage tv series (you can choose a series and watch a random episode, or watch the next one in order, and it keeps track of where you were in the series).

so, xradar, xmonitor, syndicator, and then i won't be doing much at all, which means script requests are kinda dead. i apologize to everyone who has posted a request in the last month that i haven't had time to answer. that's getting to be more and more the case.

anyway, i changed the script requests segment of my website to say the same thing. i'm sorry for taking up time here for personal stuff, i just felt bad about all the emails going unanswered, and i didn't think that many people would read the frontpage of my web page all the way through...again. :-)

alexpoet
For scripts, script development tools, and documentation, visit my website:
http://www.maskedfox.com/xbmc/
bad news. Image you were one of the first persons using the power of python in xbmc and one of the biggest reason why it is became so popular (not to mention all your work/help on your and others scripts).
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
yeah alex, your scripting talents will be missed :bowdown: good luck to you in all that you do from here on out. thanks for all that you have done up to this point :kickass:
thanks, guys! i'll still be around, as often as i can. and i've been quiet for a month at a time in the past. i just can't keep this the priority it had been. alas.

but many thanks for the kind words.
For scripts, script development tools, and documentation, visit my website:
http://www.maskedfox.com/xbmc/
ok, no need for python in xbmc longer..

the king has left the building  Image

long live the king  :kickass:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing my retirement (melodramatic)0