ATTENTION! Changes for skin compatibility post XBMC DHARMA
Warning - Disabling a skin deletes it entirely from you Addons folder (I found out the hard way but luckily had it backed up elsewhere) and think it would be a good idea to have a confirm delete message.
Hitcher Wrote:Warning - Disabling a skin deletes it entirely from you Addons folder. (I found out the hard way

welcome to the club ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I did end up losing my new DialogSelect.xml but thankfully that was it as the rest were still in Notepad++.
Luckly I tried that disable button with a skincopy of confluence in userdata/addon. :p
Disabling any addon deletes it from the file system. Its just the way it is Sad personally I think enable and Disable should be renamed "Install" "Uninstall" to be more representative but thats not my call and we do have some addons like the pvr ones that can be disabled but still stay

But this really only effects devs and not end users because they will just enable it again and download it
There are users that like to mod things, and the beauty of the userdata was that they didn't get lost.

In this scenario they would lose they mods.
Jezz_X Wrote:Disabling any addon deletes it from the file system. Its just the way it is Sad personally I think enable and Disable should be renamed "Install" "Uninstall" to be more representative but thats not my call and we do have some addons like the pvr ones that can be disabled but still stay

But this really only effects devs and not end users because they will just enable it again and download it

Agreed, Enable/Disable is completely different to Install/Uninstall (permanently delete) and I've only gone and hit Disable again by mistake while testing. Sad

At the very least you should get Delete Yes/No option.
A confirmation dialog with an advice to the user that the addon will be deleted would be the best imo... simply to avoid unintended deletion of the files.
How about we moved "disabled" plugins to a separate subfolder instead of killing them off? We can then have a "Disabled plugins" section.

Note that re-enabling the addon from the repository (if it is in a repository) will grab the repo version, not the one from "disabled plugins".

Will discuss with others.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hitcher Wrote:Agreed, Enable/Disable is completely different to Install/Uninstall (permanently delete) and I've only gone and hit Disable again by mistake while testing. Sad

At the very least you should get Delete Yes/No option.
Fool me once shame on you ................. Rolleyes
`Black Wrote:A confirmation dialog with an advice to the user that the addon will be deleted would be the best imo... simply to avoid unintended deletion of the files.
Yeah I agree the simplest way for the coder and most obvious way is a Yes/No dialog that says
"Disableing this addon will delete it from your PC, Are you sure you want to continue" and the buttons say "Cancel" and "Delete". This way also works for the don't remove addons like PVR because you just don't pop it up
Being able to disable without removing seems reasonable though, thus my proposed solution.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Then I guess the best way to go about that is a fake repo for disabled addons that monitors a folder on your hdd kind of like the main local one
I agree with the discussion about an abrupt deletion without atleast a "yes/no" option is too much...

I keep a copy of every skin and as an end user there are some skins I like but dont love and probably perfer to keep 5 "active" and 10 "disabled" so I dont have to cylce thru a whole 15 when I really just want to use 5...I think thats a way many users might use.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Updated the first post with a link to confleunces DialogAddonSettings.xml with support for the new setting groups (so you guys can copy the Id's needed) https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...ttings.xml
Apologies for derailing the current topic, but while you're discussing various last minute changes, would you consider adding another optional image per skin that could be an integrated, skin-specific splash/logo? I know this image is ultimately overridable by the end user, but it would be interesting if switching skins could handle switching the splash automatically, no?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATTENTION! Changes for skin compatibility post XBMC DHARMA0