Which setup to have Aeon fast on Acer Revo?
Hi

I love Aeon skin very much, I was using it with my Popcorn hour. Now after getting my Acer revo R 3610 (Dual core Intel® Atom™ Processor N330, NVIDIA® ION™, 2M RAM), I'm using XBMC nightly build installed on Win7 64Bit. It is working great. I have tried some skins like MediaStream, Alaska,
Rapier, all working fine with good navigating speed, but not Aeon.

Aeon skin is slow, I'm not sure why, as other skins are fine. Can any one please confirm if there is any way to get it working smooth on my setup? which version of Xbmc should I use? which Aeon skin to try?

thanks
Did you tried to turn of the option Display new added movie's?
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
Roelio Wrote:Did you tried to turn of the option Display new added movie's?

I didn't try that, but why should this be off? I want to see the added movies.
By the way, the skin is slow when watching a movie and stopping/pausing to see the movie list, it will take long time.
During navigation and before playing any movie, it's ok.
I'm definitely not an expert, but I'd recommend using the XBMC Live installation, which installs a barebones Linux operating system, with XBMC on top of it. I got my Revo a few days ago, and I went with that, along with following the instructions here, and I have no problems with playback at all.

All of my content is 1080p that I've ripped myself from Blu-rays, and even streaming them over a network, playback is flawless.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which setup to have Aeon fast on Acer Revo?0