• 112(current)
[LINUX] Apple TV Crystalbuntu (Ubuntu Linux and Crystal HD) Disk Image for Apple TV
Could just wait a day and use my new image. As for your problem I'm not 100% sure what it is. You could regenerate your xorg.conf:

Code:
sudo nvidia-xconfig  --no-composite --no-logo
Thanks Sam. I am very much looking forward to the new image (as so many here on the forum).

I have one question: will it be possible to update the image to install future versions (once SVN picks up again for post-10.0 releases)? Slingplayer functionality is not in the Dharma-10.0 code yet, but should be shortly. There is a simple auto-update in the "old" ATV-Launcher-OSX", but not sure how this will work with your built given it runs XBMC directly.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:Could just wait a day and use my new image. As for your problem I'm not 100% sure what it is. You could regenerate your xorg.conf:

Code:
sudo nvidia-xconfig  --no-composite --no-logo

Tried that and no luck.

I think it has something to do with the HDCP code not playing nice with this particular monitor. It's been finicky in the past as well with other OS's (Mac OS X 10.6.2+ in particular) and certain Nvidia chipsets. I upgraded to the latest driver and that seems to have worked. No Audio through HDMI is a luxury I can deal with. Hopefully your next version will fix that. If not I can always roll back to the aTV version of the build.
Sorry. My version won't be able to fix the drivers issue, as it still runs the 100.x series of NVIDIA drivers for HDMI compatibility. If you're not interested in HDMI sound though, then it sounds like the Arch image will be appreciated by you.
Sam, I would just like to say that when you get your latest image out, could we *please* lock this thread and start a new one? Pretty please?
I am not a Moderator, so I have no authority over that. It would make sense though.

I would just like to say that I have really appreciated the reception of this disk image. Almost 200,000 views tells me that this disk image is valued by the aTV community. The positive environment strongly encourages me to continue developing, supporting and maintaining aTV software.
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:I would just like to say that I have really appreciated the reception of this disk image. Almost 200,000 views tells me that this disk image is valued by the aTV community. The positive environment strongly encourages me to continue developing, supporting and maintaining aTV software.

You have absolutely NO IDEA!
I finally got the image installed on the internal disk yesterday and it's using all of the HDD. Sam thanks for the image and I would like to thank Blaine for his guide. I used Sam's image and a combination of both setup guides and finally got it right.

It works real well and streams video's and movie files great. I am still dialing it in and the only thing I have found is that the ATV remote is a real POS. I want to get this set up really reliable since we are planning on another HDTV just after Christmas.

Thanks again Sam great work!
Sam, first a little kudos for putting the time and effort into helping everyone with the image. One of the things about a common platform is the support you can get.

Can't wait until you have the new image out - let me know if you need any help testing...

Cheers!

JT
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:I am not a Moderator, so I have no authority over that. It would make sense though.

I would just like to say that I have really appreciated the reception of this disk image. Almost 200,000 views tells me that this disk image is valued by the aTV community. The positive environment strongly encourages me to continue developing, supporting and maintaining aTV software.

Thank you, and yes please someone lock this thread and start a new one! I read the first 100 pages and encountered the same undersized 4gb usb problem, then had trouble restoring the image because I restored to a partition, not the device. Now it's working great! Only I need to figure out how to backup the vanilla OS just in case, copy the contents of the USB to the ATV, and then upgrade to the latest releases!

Thank you! I waited about 4 months until I got my hands on a 4gb USB.
Yes, thanks much Sam.Nazarko for your effort. Looking forward to the new image! Have some apple Tvs to prepare for the family for christmas Big Grin
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Apple TV Crystalbuntu (Ubuntu Linux and Crystal HD) Disk Image for Apple TV15