Performance?
I just tried out this skin and I should have been my new favourite if not for the fact that it performs worse than Confluence which I am using now.

I am using an Asrock ION 330 and some of the differences are the following:

* when starting a movie it takes maybe 2-3seconds for the movie to start.
* when watching a movie and pressing the info button it always stutters and drops a few frames
* it feels sluggish when navigating the menus and when exiting to the home screen it's always black for a few seconds before the home screen appears like its loading.

So my question is this, is this something that is going to be optimized or is it something I can do to make it work better?

Im not using the most recent build of XBMC, could that be the issue?

It's just so sad for me when a really great skin comes up and I cant justify the usage of it to myself because of performance when compared to my former skin of choice.

Thanx in advance!
Really surprised? My main PC is outdated and skins like Xperience and Aeon run sooo slow on it. The computer cant play HD and barely plays them with DXVA enabled. Those specs are:

AMD single core 2.2ghz
2 gigs DDR ram
Intergrated ATI Express 200 series

Maybe some computer dude can tell me how those compare to an Asrock ION 330?

Anyways I think this skin should be one of the snappier skins out there. It can run on XBOX so any modern computer should handle way better. Couple questions?

1. What build you using...though shouldn't matter I've been using this skin since January on many builds
2. Does it run better without Recently added or any views you don't like disabled?
3. Do you know how to create a .xpr?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
i'm running this skin on my zotac ion 330 2GB RAM (same cpu/gpu as OP) and it runs very smooth with the last DS player build of xbmc

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70436

i just downloaded that and installed it, and my gui performance seems to be much higher now, don't know why but it is.

however, it wasn't really sluggish before either.

i'm on win7 x64 (and that's a windows build in the link)

@mcborzu, it really depends on what processor model your amd is for comparison, as GHz by themselves don't mean much nowdays. the ion 330 is a dual core atom processor with an nvidia gpu onboard (basically equivalent to a 9400)
Not surprised that someone with an Asrock ION 330 is having performance issues. I think they need their own sub forum....
I've been running XBMC Linux on my Asrock and unless I fiddle with it it plays everything I can throw at it using any form of skin (Night at the moment beeing my favorite). I don;t know if the issue is Windows related if so which version ? If it is Windows 7 you might want to check your performance meters to try and find the culprit.
I'll take a guess (and I do mean 100% pure guess)
The original poster is getting his videos over a network and with the direct image loading hacks of clear art, movie thumbs and other things. He actually has to wait until his network serves him the image before the sections/windows will load (because their not background loaded)
And at some point this may take a fair while for the drive to spin up and load the images since they are not cached
All logo.png files are background loaded if I'm not mistaken.
They all use the largeimage function instead of the normal image and have for awhile now.
The simply solution to to clearart issue would be to turn it off as it is optional.
Im using build R26018 so it's a failry old one.
Im not streaming anything of the network everything is local. As i stated before everything works flawlessly with the Confluence skin.
As for the views Im not so much for the 3D-views so I use the Files views.
Recently added doesnt make a difference. I have limited those to 5 instead of 10 since I didnt feel I needed to know the 10 latest added.

Although I have to say when I tried it out right now, the performance dont seem that bad as I thought originally. Perhaps there was something else hogging the systemt at the time.

But it still drops like 2 frames every single time I press the info button when watching a movie and thats a little strange.

And no I dont know how to make an .xpr.

And BTW im using XBMC Live installed to the harddrive with the latest stable nvidia driver.
ScrotzaN Wrote:Although I have to say when I tried it out right now, the performance dont seem that bad as I thought originally. Perhaps there was something else hogging the systemt at the time.

But it still drops like 2 frames every single time I press the info button when watching a movie and thats a little strange.

Glad it's not as bad as first thought, little wierd on the info thing...There are no hacks or anything for the info screen. There is just a gradient, title, some info, plot and the Cover image

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Im using the full blown version on XBOX,I've disabled as much as I can and bar a few minor issues which I might adress later it runs fine.
Its a great skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Performance?0