Manual DVD Collection
Hi all,

I've Tried searching but not come up with anything direct. The closest i have come up with is 'media flagging' but this particular area is not stated.

I am currently running a nightly with the Aeon skin over the top.

My folder structure is simple with .iso's directly ripped from the originals called the name of the film and put inside a folder with the same name again.

For example i would have Z:\Bone Collector\Bone Collector.iso

I then set the media source to 'movies' and the scraper to imdb then scan via folder names.

Of course 99% of my films are fine however there are a few obscure ones that imdb does not seem to locate.

What i was wondering rather than having blanks in my collection is there a way i could manually set this via a 'id type number' from the imdb itself.

So in summery i could edit a file somewhere? Paste in a unique id number of the film in question?

Regards,

Sprite.
Do a manual search for them with the scraper.

Or just use a media manager like Ember or Media Companion to get nfo's for your entire collection.
I was unaware that that i could do a manual search on one particular DVD. I will look into this further when home from work.

With regards to the nfo files, would you recommend this for the long term? Once the nfo's had been build would they be place inside my folder for each film.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Regards,

Steve
nfo's inside your movie folder is the best way to go. That way if you ever need to rescan your library, it goes fast and is always the same.

I highly recommend just taking the time to go through your movies with a media manager and getting everything the way you want it. It can do poster, nfo's, fanart, and more.

If your library is already the way that you want it, then just do a library export and it will place all that stuff in your movie folders automatically, so it will always be there.
Thanks for your reply, i have gone down the nfo route using 'ember' with much success.

Thanks again for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manual DVD Collection0