Solved Help getting movie scraper to work
Question 
Hello Big Grin

I've been using XBMC for a little while and I have to say I think it is awesome! Thank you for making it! Big Grin

I was using the Frodo beta, and my IMDB scraper was working great until recently. Before reading up about the Universal scraper which replaces the IMDB one, I assumed it was an issue with Frodo coming out of beta, so I upgraded to the release version.

Anyway, the problems are persisting for me, so here I am!

I'm so far unable to get any movie scraper to work, and always get the 'Unable to connect to remote server' message.
I've tried lots of different ones, but I'm a noobie and don't really know what I am doing. Sad

Here is a pastebin log: http://pastebin.com/bCe9E8Nn

The first movie to be scraped is '28 DAYS LATER' so if you search for that in the log, I guess it will point you at the start of the scraping log.

Here is a snippet:
Code:
11:01:54 T:3940   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'Z:\' as not in the database
11:01:54 T:3940   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'Z:\28 DAYS LATER\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO'
11:01:54 T:3940   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for '28 DAYS LATER' using Universal Movie Scraper scraper (path: 'C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.universal', content: 'movies', version: '2.4.1')
11:01:54 T:3940 WARNING: failed to load scraper XML
11:01:54 T:3152   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogYesNo.xml) ------
11:01:57 T:3152   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Pointer.xml) ------
11:01:59 T:3152   DEBUG: CApplication::ProcessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
11:01:59 T:3152   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogYesNo.xml) ------
11:01:59 T:3940 WARNING: No information found for item 'Z:\28 DAYS LATER\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO', it won't be added to the library.

That warning about failing to load scraper XML look ominous to me!

I would be extremely grateful for any assistance you can offer as I really want to get my Movies section returned to its former XBMC glory!! Big Grin

Thanks Big Grin

Note: My TV show scraper The TVDB still works, so I think this rules out local networking issues?
I think I've resolved the issue by uninstalling and then installing fresh.

Keep up the great work! :-)
(2013-03-01, 22:41)Memran Wrote: I think I've resolved the issue by uninstalling and then installing fresh.

Keep up the great work! :-)

uninstalling what? the add-on or XBMC entirely?

I get the warning unable to connect to remote server all the time.
I uninstalled XBMC entirely, and then reinstalled. Seemed to work just fine for me after that Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help getting movie scraper to work0