• 8(current)
CrystalHD & current SVN builds of XBMC?
Philmatic Wrote:I got my 70015 in the mail a few days ago and I'm waiting on this to install it securely into the Apple TV. I'll report back my findings when everything gets installed.

Scott, are you considering adding MPEG4-Part 2 decoding capability to the drivers/XBMC?

Judging from your link, I assume you got it off eBay? I've been googling but so far only Logic Supply seems to offer it (I registered there but am unable to insert a coupon code somehow...).

I expect we'll be able to get them in Europe too shortly Smile. I already have a BCM970012, it seems amongst others the BCM970015 supports [email protected] instead of [email protected] with the BCM970012 (besides the DivX/Xvid support), does anyone know if it's worth the upgrade? I'm keen on buying it either way Tongue.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
The BCM70015 is now being sold by logicsupply

http://www.logicsupply.com/products/bcm970015
davilla Wrote:The BCM70015 is now being sold by logicsupply

http://www.logicsupply.com/products/bcm970015

Looks like the XBMC10 coupon no longer works Sad

Davilla, does Logic Supply sponsor XBMC? If so great, if not, I'd be curious how much these cards cost when purchased in bulk (I'm thinking group purchase for forum members).

Do we have any semi-reliable way to determine whether the old ebay 70012 cards are suitable/functioning correctly?
herod98 Wrote:Looks like the XBMC10 coupon no longer works Sad

Davilla, does Logic Supply sponsor XBMC? If so great, if not, I'd be curious how much these cards cost when purchased in bulk (I'm thinking group purchase for forum members).

Do we have any semi-reliable way to determine whether the old ebay 70012 cards are suitable/functioning correctly?

The XBMC10 coupon was a limited time offer for the BCM70012 cards Smile

Logic Supply does sponsor XBMC with some hardware donations, we don't get a cut of Broadcom sales nor should we.

Old layout BCM70012 cards continue to be a hit or miss. As explained before, the ebay BCM70012 cards have an unexplained origin and even Broadcom does not know where they come from. It's looking like some have DRAM issues where the chipset can't run the DRAM at new layout card speeds. I've got some more poking to do but I'm still away from home right now.
@davilla, so, how about owners of BCM70012 cards... should we throw'em away and buy the new BCM70015 card ?...

in specs of drivers updates and support... thanks
grey Wrote:@davilla, so, how about owners of BCM70012 cards... should we throw'em away and buy the new BCM70015 card ?...

Actually, I wouldn't mind knowing this as well. My 720p playback finally started working after last nights build which is a good sign.

What settings are BCM7012 users using in the Video Playback setting?
grey Wrote:@davilla, so, how about owners of BCM70012 cards... should we throw'em away and buy the new BCM70015 card ?...

Why ? BCM70012 cards work, it's just the old layout versions that are flakey.
nogi Wrote:What settings are BCM7012 users using in the Video Playback setting?

Enable CrystalHD Smile
my ebay 70012 card works with r134 and linux on my atv. is the problem just when running atv-os?
CrystalHD Installer XBMC Community Forum Thread -
Apple TV CrystalHD Installer Announcement - Broadcom CrystalHD Installer
http://www.sartori.at/ - my weblog

Sync your MAC and Google Account (+ Google Apps) - Click here for 5$ Discout

Living Room: HFX Micro black - Zotac IONITX G - Intel X25V - Hama remote
Bedroom: Linux AppleTV - CrystalHD
davilla Wrote:Why ? BCM70012 cards work, it's just the old layout versions that are flakey.

Oops, it is not in plan to support the new BCM970015, I just purchased this new card.

Make me happy and allows to know me it is not so.

sunny greetings from germany
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
970015 will be supported with new crystalhd driver.

-andy
CrystalHD Installer XBMC Community Forum Thread -
Apple TV CrystalHD Installer Announcement - Broadcom CrystalHD Installer
http://www.sartori.at/ - my weblog

Sync your MAC and Google Account (+ Google Apps) - Click here for 5$ Discout

Living Room: HFX Micro black - Zotac IONITX G - Intel X25V - Hama remote
Bedroom: Linux AppleTV - CrystalHD
andy204 Wrote:970015 will be supported with new crystalhd driver.

It has been in SVN for a while, but it seems like many of the downloadable binaries are using the 1.0.3 release that is >5mo old.

Don't know about the OSX versions, but rebuilding the driver/lib/app for Ubuntu is pretty straightforward.
Both BCM70012 and BCM70015 are supported by the new driver API. Only the BCM70012 is supported by the old driver API.

I've ask that no binaries be made available yet until the new driver API stabilizes and XBMC is fully in sync with it. But it's trivial to build the driver and lib.
davilla Wrote:Enable CrystalHD Smile

I got mine from Logic Supply so not sure if it's the flakey style or ok style. Just enabling CrystalHD still gives me stutter. I think I've finally got it working now with minimal stutter:

Render method: Auto
Allow hardware acceleration: On
Adjust display refresh rate to match video: On
Sync playback to display: On
A/V Sync method: Video clock (Drop/Dupe audio)
Allowed error in aspect ratio....: None
Video post processing (what is this one anyway??): Enabled
nogi Wrote:I got mine from Logic Supply so not sure if it's the flakey style or ok style. Just enabling CrystalHD still gives me stutter. I think I've finally got it working now with minimal stutter:

Render method: Auto
Allow hardware acceleration: On
Adjust display refresh rate to match video: On
Sync playback to display: On
A/V Sync method: Video clock (Drop/Dupe audio)
Allowed error in aspect ratio....: None
Video post processing (what is this one anyway??): Enabled

Turn off Video post processing, if you are running under AppleTV, you don't have the CPU resources for it.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CrystalHD & current SVN builds of XBMC?0