[lucid] full lucid than xbmc-live
Dear all.

I run a intel board with atom 330 and a Geforce 8400GS in pci.
I succesfully installed ubuntu lucid (hurray)
It boots into gdm and its all good.

Now I install all necessary xbmc packages and finally xbmc-live.
xbmc live removes gdm, and starts xbmc ! hurray!

Now I reboot the machine, and I get into Ubuntu Low Graphics error menu.

What is going wrong? Logs look find but I would be happy to post them.
Quote:xbmc live removes gdm, and starts xbmc ! hurray!
Fair enough, but there is a guide how to do it (called xbmcbuntu). It is recommended to use the minimal or server CD as a base.

If you want to use the full desktop you could install the xbmc-standalone package instead of -live. That will give you a new option "xbmc" in the gdm session selection.

Quote:Now I reboot the machine, and I get into Ubuntu Low Graphics error menu.
Try install or re-install the graphical drivers.
I got the same crap, and i installed drivers, and looked on the net, and yes there are also other people suffering from this, and there is even a bug related to it in ubuntu bug database. Heck i even upgraded to 2.6.33 kernel to see if it helped.
But i cannot happen to think that in our partiucular case its solvable with help from xbmc developers.

Always after installing the NVidia drivers again and cause of the re-initiating live script xbmc auto fires up.

I really dont know if we are facing xbmc bugs here or general ubuntu bugs, its driving me nuts anyway

If i get the low graphics screen I press the back button on my remote which let it exit to console which will auto fire up xbmc, but boy this is ugly!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[lucid] full lucid than xbmc-live0