XBMC Black Screen
I was messing around with the skins today and after I changed to one almost everything went black on my Mac expect the titles for Videos and Music and such went black. I tried to cycle through System to get back to the settings but I cannot see anything after that. I deleted the program and reinstalled it and it still just comes up like this now even though I thought I wiped everything out.
Remove ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skins/<the skin> or ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I had done the skin deletion already and i tried to find that file but when i open up userdata i don't see guisettings.xml what I find is LCD.xml ModeLines_template.xml a PictureIcon folder RssFeeds.xml and a visualizations folder
Note the path I gave you. I did not say to look inside XBMC.app.

If you've deleted the skin then it'll automatically switch back to using Confluence.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Sorry for all the questions. I did realize that I used the XBMC.app because I could not find anything else. I was in, like you said, Library>Application Support but the XBMC file wasn't there. Do you know if it could be anywhere else or anything? Sorry that I am so lost, thanks so much for the help.
Click on your home directory. Then Library. Then Application Support. Then XBMC. Then userdata etc.

You were missing the first step I suspect? Note that ~/ is shorthand for "home directory".

Cheers,
Jonathan

Wow I am really sorry about all that, Thanks so much. It worked perfectly.
Great - glad you got it sorted. As a bonus you learnt something in the process Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Black Screen0