skinning the PVR
I was wondering if the following would be possible down the line.

I do not own a TV Tuner card, and I have no need for one either. However I want my skin to be as complete as possible and support all features XBMC offers.

Would it be feasible to add a way for skinners to look at the EPG without actually using a tuner card by displaying a fake listing or something along those lines? Maybe by a setting in advancedsettings.xml? Or by starting XBMC with a startup parameter? I'm just throwing stuff out there, I have no idea if that makes sense at all Wink

Skinning the various dialogs related to the pvr doesn't seem to be a problem, but the PVR seems a bit too complex to skin "blind"

Some sort of solution would be much appreciated.

Greetings,
Jeroen
Well, to be fair it hasn't been looked at by most of the team, so most of us don't know how good the UI is or whether we need something a little more streamlined, so I suspect that there's going to be changes after it moves into SVN anyway Smile

And yes, we'll definitely want a way to be able to skin it (or use it generally) without PVR capability hooked up as not all of us have PVR stuff anyway - some sort of dummy PVR addon for instance that populated things with dummy data would do the trick.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have a feeling that unfortunately its going to be a little more complicated than that
The best Idea I've had so far is to find someone who will let you remotely connect to a server they have running already.

The other option is go out a buy a really cheap usb tuner and use that, once you get it working its not that hard

Or maybe find someone with a tuner to skin it for you with guidance

But I totally agree its a pain to get it working without one
Maybe a 3rd option, im sure stuff like virtual tv tuners exist or some kind of software that for example windows media centre thinks is a tuner. How ever not sure if it will be the same case for XBMC.
Currently working on Ellipsis 1.3 Updates. Update Requests Here.
Ellipsis for XBMC 1.2.1 Click here to download & for SVN details.
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | Facebook.com/TeamBlackbolt1 | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Hmm did a quick search on it and there seems to be stuff like that indeed. I'll look into it, thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skinning the PVR0