usplash XBMC logos for lucid? where and when?
if you want a faster boot install ureadahead...
aptitutde install ureadahead -y -q
Plymouth may be all wonderful in theory but practically is slower then usplash and buggy as hell.
htpc guy Wrote:@X3lectric
I most certinly have the number 10 rather than 100. I couldn't find the relevant info to change that in the link you provided.

I have re-downloaded the .deb package

SNIP

the link says
Quote:sudo update-alternatives –install /lib/plymouth/themes/default.plymouth default.plymouth /lib/plymouth/themes/mytheme/mytheme.plymouth 100

so the info is there, your just not looking.

of course you adapt that line to match your needs the 100 at the end is , you guessed it...
Thanks for the help. I ended up going back over the /etc/default/grub file and fixing an issue with it. I must have miss-copied the additional entries into it. That's why I got a syntax error when I tried to run sudo update-grub2. After that I was able to get it working with the proper resolution.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
to change priority of bootscreen its actually

Code:
update-alternatives --install /lib/plymouth/themes/default.plymouth default.plymouth /lib/plymouth/themes/xbmc-logo/xbmc-logo.plymouth 100
Code:
update-initramfs -u
I updated my splash using this thread and it worked great. I however cannot get into grub to revert to a previous kernel to see if it resolves some issues I am having. How can I get into the grub menu? I tried shift and and also holding the down arrow key and nothing. I just get a flashing cursor and then it boots up the xbmc splash.

just in case someone needs to revert back.. here are the commands below. you can uninstall any kernel version and revert back. Below was the one that was not working for me. 2.6.32.27 so I went back to 2.6.32.26

Code:
sudo apt-get remove linux-image-2.6.32-27-generic linux-headers-2.6.32-27-generic
sudo apt-get install linux-image-2.6.32-26-generic linux-headers-2.6.32-26-generic
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
First i wanna say a big thank you to shassino and excyle for allowing me to have a stunning xbmc bootsplash!

I was curious how this could work with burg.. Replacing grub with burg reverted to the ugly purple ubuntu bootsplash.

I'm not particularly interested in keeping burg, I've since switched back to grub ; it was more a curiosity.

Thanks
Thumbs Up 
Just what I was looking for.. now everything is matching up
well.. Nod whoo hoo!!
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

I didn't wan't to hijack this thread so I started a new one. I made some new Plymouth themes that can be found here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post716526

Please feel free to add all things Plymouth there...it would be great to get a library going so that we all have some bootsplash options.
shassino Wrote:may break all the virtual terminal.

This way is a lot better:
sudo apt-get install v86d

modify /etc/default/grub
Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
#GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480

to (use your res if not 1366x768)

Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset video=uvesafb:mode_option=1366x768-24,mtrr=3,scroll=ywrap"
GRUB_GFXMODE=1366x768

add to /etc/initramfs-tools/modules:
Code:
uvesafb mode_option=1366x768-24 mtrr=3 scroll=ywrap

echo FRAMEBUFFER=y | sudo tee /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/splash
sudo update-grub
sudo update-initramfs -u

credits: http://ronin117.blogspot.com/2010/06/far...er_05.html

Thanks for this info. It worked a charm on my ion/atom xbmc box (nvidia graphics) . Now I can run my custom XBMC Plymouth splashes in full 1080p glory. Now to develop some more eye candy.....
for those who want a new plymouth theme and properly debianized go here

https://launchpad.net/~team-iquik/+archive/xbmc-svn

resolution fixes must be applied if necessary

Its the classic silver xbmc with Media centre txt centered and aligned with xbmc in the orange official xbmc logo colour but in a radial gradient witha slight outer glow and the official green as the progress dot.

Looks great over the black screen.
X3lectric, is Media CenTRE ou Media CenTER? All of your logos inside PPA are writed "Media Centre".

Is it intentional, or just a simple mistake.
joeld Wrote:X3lectric, is Media CenTRE ou Media CenTER? All of your logos inside PPA are writed "Media Centre".

Is it intentional, or just a simple mistake.

He probably speaks the queens English.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
plymouth-theme-xbmc-logo.deb doesn't work with Ubuntu 11.04.

I have version 1.02,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
usplash XBMC logos for lucid? where and when?0