[LINUX] Audio problems when playing mkv files :sniffle:
Exclamation 
Hi,

I have an audio problem when playing mkv files. The sound is all constant flickering if you know what i mean. A friend of mine said he also had this problem and he was running XBMC on Windows.

My debug log can be found at:
http://pastebin.com/cmA2TACF

I'm running the latest version that is the ubuntu repos - i just did a:
sudo apt-get install xbmc

Also, it should be noted that i had some problems with audio of HDMI, but that no longer seems to be a problem since i updated ASLA.

EDIT: Thinking it might be a problem with pulseaudio? Hence the log and when i killed the process i had no sound. :/

Thanks!
Just wonder you connected your receiver with an hdmi or s/pdif ?

eather way, what you can try is go to sound preferences and select "analog device" as audio device and then launch xmbc

I am currently at my work, but can post my settings I use in a few hours

ps. I have connected my receiver with s/pdif
ah, well not exactly sure what a s/pdif is, but i have the hdmi cable connected to the motherboard on the pc, which is also directly connected to the tv. So there is nothing in the middle, between the htpc and tv (besides the cable).

yeah?
CaineThanatos Wrote:Just wonder you connected your receiver with an hdmi or s/pdif ?

eather way, what you can try is go to sound preferences and select "analog device" as audio device and then launch XBMC

I am currently at my work, but can post my settings I use in a few hours

ps. I have connected my receiver with s/pdif

Instead of changing it on the OS, i went and changed it in XBMC settings. This worked! However now am i running video with downgraded audio being analog? :/

EDIT: Also, i noticed an mkv that i played through xbmc seems not as good quality as when i transcoded it to my ps3. Any ideas whats up with that? would xbmc be downgrading the video? I'm using HDMI, as was i with my ps3.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Audio problems when playing mkv files :sniffle:0