watching dvd *isos* is no longer possible
Rainbow 
As of yesterday I decided to upgrade my xbmc-svn and skin build to the most recent one.

Alas everytime I try to play a dvd .iso/img the picture goes completly blank or it freezes the entire picture (audio is still present, but no picture). If the fanart is showing a picture from terminator 2, that will be the last thing I see if I try to execute a dvd .iso/img.

Mounting the dvd (iso/img) and playing the .vob files works just fine.

DVD.img (server) black screen, but audio is working
DVD.img (locally) black screen, but audio is working
DVD.img (mounted) the .vob files plays just fine, but if I try to execute the DVD menu (VIDEO_TS.IFO) black screen but audio is still running.

Any ideas?

Thank You

Code:
Kernel:
2.6.33-ARCH

GPU
nvidia 256.29-2

xbmc-svn
31021-1

xbmc log
[url]http://paste.pocoo.org/show/225781/[/url]

Skin

doesn't matter, they all produce the same results

Removing .xbmc with a clean slate, same result
yes, search the forums, this has been already answered and fixed.
davilla Wrote:yes, search the forums, this has been already answered and fixed.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...d+playback

Quote:there was a solution for this in 31086/31087, but it didn't work for all DVD still-menus unfortunately. This diff which addresses the issue completely, has been tested and seems to be doing the trick for all DVDs now. Either download an SVN 31087 nightly build (works with some DVDs) or wait until this diff is included in SVN, probably within the next couple of days.

Is that the "fix" you're talking about? Regardless I'll try to see if it works or not, thanks Smile

Update: using 31122, now the menu plays, but it freezes when I try to execute a sub menu or try to play the dvd/episodes.
Using xbmc-svn 31203-1, still the same issues.

I can get to the dvd menu, but I can't execute anything without getting a freeze.

Should I file a new ticket? :o
greenfish Wrote:Using xbmc-svn 31203-1, still the same issues.

I can get to the dvd menu, but I can't execute anything without getting a freeze.

Should I file a new ticket? :o

no, re-open the existing ticket, a sample would be good as we can't fix what we can't reproduce.
davilla Wrote:no, re-open the existing ticket, a sample would be good as we can't fix what we can't reproduce.

Hi!

I did a search, and some of the issues folks had were similar to my own, but still not quite the same.

Since this is my first xbmc bug report, I created a new ticket, if that's a misstake, well hopefully someone will merge my ticket.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9457

Hmm a sample you say, the format is in iso, and file size is 4.7GB, guess that's too much eh?

Thanks helping me out davilla, much appreciated sir Smile
i pretty much have this problem too, under the few last week(s) builds, but im under windows and not linux.

The first time i noticed this was when i updated my dsplayer-build from version 30385 to 31004, thats when some isos and img's just stopped working properly.
what happens is that it just freeze at the dvd menu when you choose play movie or whatever else you choose, and it just sits there until i press X to stop playback, where i get returned to file selection, pretty much like i just stopped watching the movie.
sometimes the screen goes black and you hear sound just like thread starter states.

this also happens on the regular builds (i tried to switch to them when i noticed this error, but got greeted with the exact same problem there)

anyway, just wanted to let you know this is happening to more ppl and on other platforms.

hoping for a fix asap, cuz as it is now i cant go back to the last version that worked coz the library just isnt compatible for some reason.
Without samples it's going to be hard to reproduce.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
watching dvd *isos* is no longer possible0