12-31 My Music doesn't work
i cannot get in to my music after the latest builds. running 12-8 no problem, updating to 12-31 doesn't work. i pick my music and it stays on the main menu and the focus drops down to my videos like nothing happened.

after initial failure i removed the xbmc dir completely as well as the face008 dirs on e and then did a fresh install using all the default xlm files and same thing, stays on main menu.

at first i thought it was probably me just building from cvs wrong, but now that the 12-31 is avail from other sources rather than self built and it has the same problems, i suspect is is probably xbmc itself.
the same for me.
weird.. i don't seem to have this problem.

can you try also with the hifi skin that is included?

thanks,

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
this seems to happen with the flatstyle skin, but strangely, i had no such problem when using the hifi skin (which flickers too badly on hd).

of course, now i can't use the gui to get back to the normal skin... guess i'll have to modify the xml the old fashioned way...
Smile 
i managed to get this working on my system by editing

\skin\mediacenter\home.xml

find the section that starts with

<control>
   <description>my music normal push button</description>

drop down half a dozen lines and change

<hyperlink>5</hyperlink>

to

<hyperlink>501</hyperlink>

save and ftp the changed file back to your xbox. Smile
@blitter
cool that worked for me on both the mediacenter skin and hifi skin.

--floink
@all: just copy the latest mediacenter skin xml-files to your xbox. the internal handling of my music has changed. my music window was split into different windows.

greets

bobbin007
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

shouldn't it be possible just to do the same change to an older skin? i mean changing the hyperlink. what else differs between the hifi, mediacenter skin and the for example ms mediacenter beta 1 and flatstyle?
the skin creators would have to update it. you may want to find out who they are so that they can do so.

but, they may not want to until xbmc starts to slow down in terms of all the features that can be changed. it is tedious for the skin creators to keep changing the skins when new things are added.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

yeah i know, i just thought that it might work to just use the same settings as in the hifi skin for the home.xml. but obviously not :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
12-31 My Music doesn't work0