• 9(current)
Shade: Official Release Thread

Kiosk Mode
Scrollbar for LowList View (optional)
Ability to turn off popup on Wallstream View

I will upload soon.
To learn more, click here.
Is the scrollbar for the movie description? What's Kiosk mode?

I've just noticed on some of the views, eg Low List, it display "Not Available" instead of "..." to go up a level, can that be changed
dave77 Wrote:Is the scrollbar for the movie description? What's Kiosk mode?

I've just noticed on some of the views, eg Low List, it display "Not Available" instead of "..." to go up a level, can that be changed

Scrollbar is for the list of films. Kiosk mode turns off the bottom bar that allows the user to change views.

Are you referring to the file folder to move back a level? Post a screenshot please.
After some searching i have found the culprit for my problems (at least the file).

[i]My problem is in the includesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml. I swapped the one in Shade for the one in confluence and now it's fetching the right information.

But has the graphics of confluence (ofc! Wink). So my next step is to find the code that is faulty in Shade and switch that out.
Help would be appreciated Big Grin[/i]

Ignore the above... the problem must be that recentlyadded doesn't do its job right in Shade. (I've tried night, confluence and mediastream_redux and they all work perfectly).

What is different in Shade that Recentlyadded doesn't work when using a remote database?
1.0.6 uploaded.
jackthegroove Wrote:After some searching i have found the culprit for my problems (at least the file).

[i]My problem is in the includesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml. I swapped the one in Shade for the one in confluence and now it's fetching the right information.

But has the graphics of confluence (ofc! Wink). So my next step is to find the code that is faulty in Shade and switch that out.
Help would be appreciated Big Grin[/i]

Ignore the above... the problem must be that recentlyadded doesn't do its job right in Shade. (I've tried night, confluence and mediastream_redux and they all work perfectly).

What is different in Shade that Recentlyadded doesn't work when using a remote database?

I honestly dont know.
**Fodster, your view is at work in another file I forgot to bring home, I will add it on Monday**

thanks very much appreciated !!!
Again great great work - amazes me there isnt more chat on here ?
igotdvds Wrote:I honestly dont know.

Hehe, i think i've gotten a little closer. I think the problem is in this line:
<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=8&amp;totals=True&amp;albums=True&amp;unplayed=True)</onfocus>

It is part of the Home.xml file.

When i recplace it with this:
<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=8)</onfocus>

The script works again... but only for recently added material.

I hope i'm getting there Wink

Btw congrats on the new release! I'll try it asap

Progress:
When i change it to this:
<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=8&albums=True)</onfocus> albums and video recently added work.
But when i add &totals=true&unplayed=true the script breaks. (Maybe the query has to be different when using a remote database)

But for people using a remote database this can be a temporary solution to use this kick-ass skin Big Grin
Coming in 1.0.7!

Animations added to home screen and other items.

Layout change for Movies section on Home Screen:

Program Section on Home screen now has direct access to scripts.

[Focus on Main Menu]

[Focus on Bottom Section]

[Clicking on button]

jackthegroove Wrote:
WZero Wrote:Thanks a lot guy, but now is giving me this error- Scrip Failed recentlyadded.py
Are you perhaps also using a remote database to store your movie information? (by using the <videodatabase> tags in the advancedsettings.xml file?)

I'm still getting this error too, does anyone know how to fix it. I use ember to set fanart etc if that makes a difference
dave77 Wrote:I'm still getting this error too, does anyone know how to fix it. I use ember to set fanart etc if that makes a difference

I am on Windows 7 and Windows XP using the most current nightly and everything works fine with the script.

Can anyone offer some advice on where to go. Seeing as how I dont have the problem, its tough for me to fix.
igotdvds Wrote:Are you referring to the file folder to move back a level? Post a screenshot please.

Yep

And this is all I get on the homepage when the recent script fails

It's a problem when using a remote database that uses mysql instead of sql in the normal XBMC database (by adding <videodatabase> in the advanced settings xml file)
You can partly resolve the isue by removing
Code:
&amp;unplayed=True&amp;totals=True
from the line that calls the recentlyadded script in the home.xml file from the "720" folder in your skin directory.

I have contacted spiff and he says it's a known issue and they don't have a fix yet:
Quote:hi,

i don't think we have documented it anywhere, we had some internal discussions but did not end up with a solution. i'll see if i can catch amet later and get a fix in.

There is some hope for a sollution Smile When spiff gets back to me i'll post something here.
jackthegroove Wrote:It's a problem when using a remote database that uses mysql instead of sql in the normal XBMC database (by adding <videodatabase> in the advanced settings xml file)

I haven't knowingly changed the XBMC database, how would this happen?

I've just tried upgrading to 1.0.6 from 1.0.4 but get the following error, 1.0.5 worked fine though
The log says invalid animation when loading skin

dave77 Wrote:I haven't knowingly changed the XBMC database, how would this happen?

Then your problem must be something different. I'd recommend looking at THE log file (xbmc.log) located in system/temp/.

Ps: Does recently added work in confluence?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shade: Official Release Thread0