• 21(current)
SortTV: Sort TV episodes, movies, and music into directories for xbmc (Linux/Win/Mac)
Not sure if this should or could be solved in sorttv, but here it is:

It seems like "specials" have to be named s00e99 for it to be picked up xbmc (or I guess it is tvdb that have this requirement).

Meaning that Game.of.Thrones.S01E00 should be Game.of.Thrones.S00E01. It would make sense that xbmc handle both formats but I think xbmc depends on tvdb for this?
vikjon0 Wrote:Not sure if this should or could be solved in sorttv, but here it is:

It seems like "specials" have to be named s00e99 for it to be picked up xbmc (or I guess it is tvdb that have this requirement).

Meaning that Game.of.Thrones.S01E00 should be Game.of.Thrones.S00E01. It would make sense that xbmc handle both formats but I think xbmc depends on tvdb for this?

That's a good point, but if it's a special you don't want it to be picked up as part of the season... or is it like battlestar galactica's introductory mini serie?
[quote]That's a good point, but if it's a special you don't want it to be picked up as part of the season... or is it like battlestar galactica's introductory mini serie? [/QUOTE

In this case I am not sure, but both scenarios exists. I think in Lost they often started the season with a 00 episode? To be honest I am not 100% sure how it does work but the xbmc wiki only gives the s00 solution which at least in this case match the tvdb info.

EDIT: Looking at lost it seems like special have to be 00 and this information is supplemented with air date and "aired before".
The same applies to battlestar it seems.
quck question: from what I understand, SortTV cannot/will not monitor a directory for new files to Sort? rather, it must be called or scheduled to run at predefined intervals? thus, updates to XBMC are not live/realtime?
mjreddy Wrote:quck question: from what I understand, SortTV cannot/will not monitor a directory for new files to Sort? rather, it must be called or scheduled to run at predefined intervals? thus, updates to XBMC are not live/realtime?

Yes, but it can be configured to check as often as you like.

The new poll feature allows you to configure SortTV to continuously recheck the directory at predefined intervals. Alternatively, you can schedule SortTV to run at certain times of the day. Either way achieves the desired outcome, monitoring a directory for new files to sort.

Side note: if the files are being moved into the monitored directory from the same disk it should always be safe to sort as frequently as you like. Depending on the system you are using, if you are copying files from a separate disk it may be safer to move to the same disk first, then into the monitored directory. That way there is no chance that SortTV will see the file before it has finished copying.
My folder structure is
TV Shows -
A -
Show 1
Show 2
B -
Show 1
Show 2

How can i make SortTV work with this?
Hi, I've just started using this script for sorting my TV shows, and also for sorting my movies (just moving them from one folder to another) - I'm experiencing some errors, though:

I use the MOVE-AND-LEAVE-SYMLINK-BEHIND option. Often, when moving TV show episodes, no symlink is left behind, but a folder with "corrupted" files is. I suspect this can be because the TV show isnt on TVDB..?
Also, when moving a movie, the same thing happens - all the time, though. This far, it's been a managable task to manually fix the symlinks when my torrent program reports corrupted files, but I think that in the long run, it gets a bit annoying..
Are these errors known, or am i just unlucky/using the script wrong..?
Hjord Wrote:My folder structure is
TV Shows -
A -
Show 1
Show 2
B -
Show 1
Show 2

How can i make SortTV work with this?

Sorry for the slow reply.

Is "Show 1" different each time? Or do you mean that all shows starting with "A" are under the "A" directory?

If that is what you want: please see this post, which is related. Basically you could manually create the show directory in the high level directory you want it to be in, and tell SortTV to only sort files if the corresponding show directory already exists.
freaktm Wrote:Hi, I've just started using this script for sorting my TV shows, and also for sorting my movies (just moving them from one folder to another) - I'm experiencing some errors, though:

I use the MOVE-AND-LEAVE-SYMLINK-BEHIND option. Often, when moving TV show episodes, no symlink is left behind, but a folder with "corrupted" files is. I suspect this can be because the TV show isnt on TVDB..?
Also, when moving a movie, the same thing happens - all the time, though. This far, it's been a managable task to manually fix the symlinks when my torrent program reports corrupted files, but I think that in the long run, it gets a bit annoying..
Are these errors known, or am i just unlucky/using the script wrong..?

Thanks for reporting it. This is the first I have heard of any problems with that feature. Could you please check if you still have the problem if you close any programs using the files (eg your bittorrent program) and then run SortTV.

Let me know how that goes. If the problem still exists I'll have a deeper look into it.

Thanks.
cliffe Wrote:Sorry for the slow reply.

Is "Show 1" different each time? Or do you mean that all shows starting with "A" are under the "A" directory?

If that is what you want: please see this post, which is related. Basically you could manually create the show directory in the high level directory you want it to be in, and tell SortTV to only sort files if the corresponding show directory already exists.

Thanks for the reply.

That was what i meant.
I'm not sure if i understood the post you linked too.
But i'm gonna try.
Is there any way to disable the "season" subfolders? I dont use seasons as as soon as the show is watched it's deleted and I would rather not have to go into yet another folder.

would it be as easy as commenting out the follwing in the move_an_ep sub?

$newpath = $season;

if I replace that with

$newpath = ''; will that eliminate the soring into season directories?
timgray Wrote:Is there any way to disable the "season" subfolders? I dont use seasons as as soon as the show is watched it's deleted and I would rather not have to go into yet another folder.

would it be as easy as commenting out the follwing in the move_an_ep sub?

$newpath = $season;

if I replace that with

$newpath = ''; will that eliminate the soring into season directories?

No, that would break it.

(snip) Edit: Sorry, I misread your request, so the soluton I suggested was wrong.
Hjord Wrote:Thanks for the reply.

That was what i meant.
I'm not sure if i understood the post you linked too.
But i'm gonna try.

To clarify, SortTV only sorts into one directory at a time, but it is easy to script it to sort into multiple directories. That is achieved by telling it to sort into your destination directories one at a time: tell it to sort to your "A" directory, then run it again telling it to sort into your "B" directory, etc.

You need to tell it to only sort episodes into the directory if the show directory already exists (eg "A Show 1", which you have manually created). See the post I linked to to see how.

How to do this seems to be a common question, so I might add a feature to SortTV later, to make it easier.
So any tips on how to disable the "season" subfolders?
timgray Wrote:So any tips on how to disable the "season" subfolders?

+1 on that - with that option, sorting music would be a lot easier! Big Grin

Regarding the MOVE-AND-LEAVE-SYMLINK-BEHIND problem I had earlier, I think it was because uTorrent was using the files, too.. Just started using COPY instead, and getting no problems Smile
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SortTV: Sort TV episodes, movies, and music into directories for xbmc (Linux/Win/Mac)8