Shoutcast/kml never works for me no matter version
ok, maybe i am missing something here but i have tried many many builds of xbmc, both the oficial ones and the cvs builds and everything inbetween and i have even downloaded the scripts from both the script page of this site and other sources (also tried different skins)and still kml browsing and music streaming doesn't work. now the interface works great, i can download the list of shoutcast servers and browse different genres and all that. but as soon as i click to play it says "waiting to start" and then my xbox crashes, i cannot back out, i cannot even reset using igr. aqt browser works perfectly and every other script i have thrown at my xbox works almost flawlessly. but kml browse just doesn't work.
as frustrating as this must be for you, please understand that we have no away of giving the same support for third party scripts like we do for the main application (xbmc) itself.

you're welcome to ask, but dont expect the same furious enthusiastic support for them. Confusedaint:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

when you using xbmc as dash, be sure to replace the xboxdash.xbe in c: with the new xbmc default.xbe
be careful, many script need to be setted inside the right directory !
-often, you have to installe you script directly inside q:\scripts\
-sometimes you have to set some infos at the very beginning of the script
-check your correct connection to internet using this script : http://xbmc-scripts.gueux.be/scripts/inettest.rar
both of the lines should be written as ok on your screen :
resolving ip to dns
and
resolving dns to ip
i have almost the same problem, except i never even get the kml interface. it just briefly (like ½ a second) says "running" next to the filename, and then nothing happens. there isn't even a loading dialogue or anything.

the fact that aqtbrowser, gamespot, tvnu and internet-test all work flawlessly, doesn't make this any less annoying.
make sure you have following files in "python\lib" directory.

gifimageplugin.py,image.py,imagefile.py,imagepalette.py,jpegimageplugin.py.
yeah, after spending some time trying to figure out what was wrong, i looked the in the xbmc.log, and discovered that i was missing some files. i had just assumed that they were included with the rest of the kml-script in the xbmc-2004-11-15 release, but it turns out they weren't.
so i reinstalled the kmlbrowser found here: http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=4190
and that one had the files i was missing in my python\lib, so everything's working like a charm now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shoutcast/kml never works for me no matter version0