LOGO mod
TV Show titles as text is like so yesterday...

DOWNLOAD MOD

No setting to check, if your show has a logo then it'll show if not then the text will show...It's also on season level and Tv level posters but didn't want to flood the post with pics.

This SCRIPT will automate the process and match whatever shows you have and downoad the logo.png for you

USE THIS LINK to download one by one

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
It would probably look even better placing the logo in the bottom-right corner of the thumbnail. And only have the focused logo shown. I'd also have it fade in after a couple seconds.

As it is now, it looks like the logos are after thoughts (rightfully so as they are) and squeezed in where ever. This is only my opinion though.
If it were my skin I'd do things differently, but I like mods to keep the spirit of the skin...where reFocus has the title as text, I changed it to a logo. Plus I have to account for the fact that some people might have 40 out of 50 shows with logos.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
This is why I would remove logos from the episode view in order to remain consistent with the rest of the views. It seems strange to have the TV SHOWS - <NAME> change from logo to text if the user is missing logos. Having the logo on the thumbnail also gives it a bit of framing similar to the landscape images some skins use. Shoving logos into any space possible definitely doesn't adhere to the ordered minimalism Jereon seems to have in mind but then that's only my opinion.
I was actually playing around with this yesterday, but in a different way (more or less the way Sranshaft described) but yeah it does need a good fallback method. No sense in displaying text and logo at the same time.
nice Smile
Very good, though I honestly wouldn't see a problem with displaying text as usual and the logo somewhere (perhaps as an overlay as suggested) Text simply guarantees consistent readability.
Thank you!
Excellent addition, much appreciated! Jeroen if you're playing with this does that mean it's going to be in the official, or were you just experimenting? If so, a post 1.0 thing or 0.8.2?
Hi,

this logo mod is awesome, but it only works for English. Is there any way to auto-position logo?

Thanks!
nickritus Wrote:Excellent addition, much appreciated! Jeroen if you're playing with this does that mean it's going to be in the official, or were you just experimenting? If so, a post 1.0 thing or 0.8.2?

Sorry, missed that question. I'm not sure yet really. I like it, but I have to think about it a bit.
If I will probably not 0.8.2 but sooner than 1.0 I would guess.
One thing that bugs me is that the logos are always bottom aligned. I understand the reasoning behind it but it's quite unnecessary as you can let xbmc do all the scaling and aligning.
I love the look of having the logos. Would anybody be so kind as to port this to the new version of reFocus? I'm not sure exactly what changes to the two xml files are needed to make it work and copying them over to the new version seems to break the library views.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LOGO mod0