Where am I?
I am old and my memory is notas it used to be. I am running a version of XBMClive 9.11. I downloaded it from XBMC installed it and it actually is running quite well.

How do I ascertain which particular version I am running (Karmic, Hardy,. . . whatever that means)?

If I want to upgrade to a newer version, how do I go about doing that in as simple a manner as I did for my current XBMClive installation.

What I am running now was easy to install and All I needed to do is make some simple changes to match my environment (A/V Processor and Projection TV). As I recall I just ran the XBMCLive I downloaded and told it to install on the hdd of the Asrock ION-330 PRO it is running on.

Any Help appreciated.
well, despite your memory shortcomings, it seems you are on 9.11 live which is ubuntu 9.10 minimal with XBMC integrated. at the moment I'd suggest you just wait some days (maybe weeks) until the next live version hits final.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
When the new version comes out does one just do a clean install (I did record all my changes and made notes to myself) or is there some sort of an upgrade process which maintains any settings/changes?
I'd recommend to do a clean install, especially with these highly customized live images

we'll see Wink
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where am I?0