XBMC Minimizing when doing something on other screen
I have a dual monitor setup with my plasma screen TV on my PC which I'm running XBMC on. I want XBMC to stay permanently on the TV in fullscreen, however if I attempt to do anything on my other monitor, XBMC minimizes itself. Is there any way of keeping XBMC up and active on my TV permanently?
In "Settings>System>Video output" configure to use "fullscreen window" instead of true fullscreen. This should help you.
Is there any way of adjusting the resolution or do I have to go in the XML file and edit it?
Launch xbmc, and follow the menus... System>System>Video output. There tick "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen".
Resident Stevil Wrote:Is there any way of adjusting the resolution or do I have to go in the XML file and edit it?

I'm not sure what you mean? XBMC should automatically run at whatever the resolution of your screen is.

The minimizing problem is because by default the Windows XBMC uses the DirectX full screen mode. This gives the best performance but won't share the display with any other apps. That's why when some other app gets the focus XBMC immediately minimises. The setting odt_x mentioned tells XBMC to use a normal window that is sized to fill the display. This will coexist with other apps, but the penalty is slower rendering, which may or may not be a problem depending on your system.

Another option is to press \ to switch XBMC to a window. This window can then be resized with the mouse. However you'll always see the title bar and window frame in windowed mode.

JR
odt_x Wrote:Launch xbmc, and follow the menus... System>System>Video output. There tick "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen".

I think this is bad advice, while it will stop the minimizing, it kills performance on some machines... so it's not a complete option.
How is it bad advice when its currently the only option to achieve what he's after Stare
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Minimizing when doing something on other screen0