Can't update library with newer SVN
I recently updated from SVN 28276 to 31389, doing a clean install where I removed the entire .xbmc folder before running it for the first time. I'm using the latest version of Aeon65 converted over to an addon, although my issue happens in Confluence as well. I had it running in what I thought was a pretty stable state and tried enabling the DDS support. I started getting crashes, and now it will crash whenever I try to update the library, even with DDS off. I tried removing the database files to have it recreate them, but the issue remains. It will crash other times too, but the updating library conditions are very repeatable and always end with the same error in the crashlogs.

Code:
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x06ff8478 in std::string::find(char const*, unsigned int, unsigned int) const () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

Here is the full log.

http://pastebin.com/TCvshhKY

I would love to get into the new SVN's, but in my current state I may need to go back to 28276.
Client: XBMCuntu Frodo - ASRock ION 330 Pro - Logitech Harmony One
Server: 4U NORCO RPC-4220 20-drive case - UnRAID 5.0 - 38 TB parity-protected storage
This looks like the symptom of a smashed stack, i.e. it's a bug elsewhere.

Get rid of .xbmc again. Keep DDS stuff turned off. Don't use Aeon65. Everything will work just fine.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well, I updated to v31471, deleted my .xbmc folder and got rid of some older DDS files that were still lurking around from a while ago and it seems to be working ok now. I even turned on DDS again without any issues so far. My guess is my library database got borked when it crashed before, fingers crossed it won't happen again. I'm getting tired of rescanning everything! Laugh
Client: XBMCuntu Frodo - ASRock ION 330 Pro - Logitech Harmony One
Server: 4U NORCO RPC-4220 20-drive case - UnRAID 5.0 - 38 TB parity-protected storage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't update library with newer SVN0