"Programs" plugins and view types
I've been working on adding some new features to the SABnzbd plugin, and have a few questions..

1.) I noticed Apple Movie Trailers Lite has the ability to display movie info, so I tried switching <provides> to video instead of executable, and it allowed me to display the extended info. Is there any way to provide this same extended "Information" pane from within a "Programs" plugin? All of the data can be (is) scraped and available for the RSS results, so I'd love to make use of it. I tried using xbmcplugin.setContent to set the content to "movies", but it didn't seem to make a difference.

2.) Along the same lines, only a few view types are available to the returned results (using Confluence, it's List/Big List/Thumbnails/Info) ... is there a way to enable all of the views available to Videos/Movies? Again, it would be great if the plot could be displayed next to the listing (like the "Media Info 2" view), so the user could read a description of movies they were unfamiliar with.
It depends on what views the skin provides. Most skins don't provide a fancy view for programs.

There's a thread in the skinning forums about how we can improve the linkage between what plugins provide and how skins should display them if you wish to comment in there.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Programs" plugins and view types0