Motion interpolation / Frame interpolation near real-time on-the-fly video processing
anj.genki Wrote:To all those interested, this seems to be the only option for now.
http://www.tested.com/news/how-to-enable...files/329/

Does anyone happen to have the files from the link:

Multithreaded plugin for AVISynth

I've searched the internet for the "mirror" of the file and every version i've tried does not work with the avisynth m I've downloaded (multi cpu core) or errors out on the script...

Thanks in advance!

ps. interpolation isn't bad. It is a great technology which should be able to be turned off/on at will.

Thanks for all the support to those that offer it.
Just google "avisynth frame interpolation". There's tons of guides and scripts, just play around and see which one works best/looks best for you. As I said, you can use DSplayer instead of MPC-HC
analogkid Wrote:if it's not in the original source material and is 'added', then it's noise.
The fact it might be 'pretty noise' still makes it noise.

My daughter likes to play vivaldi on the violin, only she adds sounds that shouldn't be there.... She calls it music, i know it's noise.

Besides, xbmc can already double the number of frames shown for a movie.
Just watch it twice.

lol

+1
I was just wondering if were possible to add this feature in future builds of xbmc. I know that it included in Power DVD, but rather have the xbmc gui. Again "just asking".
*hint* You could also submit a feature request.

http://trac.xbmc.org/
Read the How-to.
Might be useful to edit your original post to explain a bit about what Auto Motion Plus is, how you think it might potentially be implemented, and why it could be awesome.
I think this is what you are looking for...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76275
natethomas Wrote:Might be useful to edit your original post to explain a bit about what Auto Motion Plus is, how you think it might potentially be implemented, and why it could be awesome.

it's basically making a 24fps movie play at 60fps just like Powerdvd does now. form http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/p...page3.html

TrueTheater Motion, which allows 24 FPS material to be output at a much more motion friendly 60 to 72 FPS, through use of interpolation (adding "in-between" frames), is still present. For people with computer monitors, it probably won't make a huge difference, but it should on larger TV type displays (although the TV itself probably also has a similar feature that may/may not work better).
It could definitely make motion more smooth, although telescine judder would still exist.

For example, my Sony Bravia TV has Cinemotion, which does exactly that, interpolates intermediate frames, but displays the output at 120hz.

The result is that the motion in 24fps movies looks very fluid, some people think too fluid (the movie looks like a soap-opera or handheld cam).

Personally I like this feature, but if I want totally smooth playback, syncing display to video is still required.
Could just port this to linux and implement it in xbmc: http://avisynth.org.ru/mvtools/mvtools.html
That'll keep you busy for a few months.
anj.genki Wrote:You sir, are exactly what you preach against.
By commenting in a thread titled 'Frame interpolation' and having nothing to contribute to the discussion apart from your own useless opinion would be considered 'noise'.

To all those interested, this seems to be the only option for now.
http://www.tested.com/news/how-to-enable...files/329/

I've just run through and done some testing of my own and it seems to work fairly well. I just wish i could output video processing to the GPU as i can't run 720p or 1080p straight off the CPU.
The program used is Media Player Classic.
It would be nice to see this implemented into XBMC as it has a much nicer interface or least a crude implementation like the one used in this guide...
I think the motion processing will take a little getting used to, but will provide a more realistic experience overall.

Sorry about the first paragraph. I just dislike hypocrites with a passion and forum discussions that just turn from providing useful information and helping each other to just another place to thrust your opinion upon another person.

Not liking another person's opinion is perfectly fine. To resort to name calling is silly.
Some people are under the misguided impression that interpolation is somehow an increase in 'quality'. Just as many assume 'digital' is superior.
My point, clearly expressed, was that interpolation is noise. It may (in some cases) improve the perceived quality, but this is a far cry from real quality.

An 'open thread' remains open. You simply can't pick and choose comments you like, and don't like.
CopyCounsler Wrote:Does anyone happen to have the files from the link:
ps. interpolation isn't bad. It is a great technology which should be able to be turned off/on at will.

On this matter, I generally agree, it has many uses, and some are beneficial, but still, a full frame, interpolated produces artefacts that alter the feel of a video. Some would argue it's an improvement, others would argue against... not unlike adding EQ.

My 'criticism' was the assumption by some that interpolation was an improvement in quality. It's not. It may however be an effect that some find pleasing.

It's not helped by the most TV's are already interpolating pixels, and higher end TV are also interpolating frames too. Too many interpolation cooks spoil the broth!
checkup Wrote:I'm sure this has been discussed already, i'm sorry that i couldn't anything usefull in the forums. Maybe i'm not aware of the correct wording).

Deja vu!

my 2 cents from the other similar thread:

It could definitely make motion more smooth, although telescine judder would still exist.

For example, my Sony Bravia TV has Cinemotion, which does exactly that, interpolates intermediate frames, but displays the output at 120hz.

The result is that the motion in 24fps movies looks very fluid, some people think too fluid (the movie looks like a soap-opera or handheld cam).

Personally I like this feature, but if I want totally smooth playback, syncing display to video is still required.
You could interpolate 24 fps to 60 fps correctly, however you would only show half the original frames.
bobo1on1 Wrote:You could interpolate 24 fps to 60 fps correctly, however you would only show half the original frames.

Whenever I'm watching a 24fps movie @ 120hz with Cinemotion Interpolation, the result is very smooth, but there's still occasional blips. Syncing to video eliminates that problem on my setup.

Also, if not all frames can get an in-between interpolation @ 60 fps, like you said, 12 will be left out, then wouldn't that lead to potential judder?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Motion interpolation / Frame interpolation near real-time on-the-fly video processing0