spincontrolex textoffset
Is there any way to have <textoffsety> in a spincontrolex apply to both the left and right label?

I have set it in the control but the right label doesn't line up vertically to the left label:

I've tried using <aligny>center</aligny> and then they line up, but they aren't placed at the center properly even though I have set the border to the focused texture to fill out correctly:

And since there's no way I know of to set the label and texture height independently I'm out of luck.

In any case I think it would make sense to have both labels conform to the set <textoffsety>?

I could have sworn there used to be something like <textoffsety2> to do this but I could also be imagining things Wink
Jeroen Wrote:I've tried using <aligny>center</aligny> and then they line up, but they aren't placed at the center properly even though I have set the border to the focused texture to fill out correctly:

I suspect it doesn't look centred because you aren't using capital letters and they are what's used to centre the text.
Yeah - it'll be centered within the texture fine. I dunno if textoffsety can be applied easily or not.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, I've taken a look, and I could change this easily, but it would break any skin that didn't already use <aligny>center</aligny> and actually wanted it.

Ah, screw it - couldn't see any issues with any of Jezz_X's skins, so let's hope for the best. r31510.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Sorry, this one passed me by.

I checked but it doesn't look like they both use the same offsety yet. The difference actually became bigger:

I purposely set the offsety to 0 here:

That's probably correct as the placement is based on the height of the spinners. Not sure there's all much I can do about it to be honest.

Sorry to bump this, but I have been trying to correct this issue lately.

Is there a way to make the right hand label of the spinner line up center anymore. I am using the same code that has always worked within Aeon.

**EDIT**

Sorry. Issue has been resolved. Another case of a buried away includes in Aeon.
Bumbing this again. Smile But this time for something slightly different.

If using textoffsetx the text offset will be applied to the left and right text (see red area in the image). But I want to have the offset only on the left, not on the right text. Would be nice to have textoffsetx only for the left text and spintextoffsetx for the right text. There was actually never any situation where I wanted the offset work like it's working at the moment. Smile
I can possibly turn it off on the right - I don't know as yet.

The question is do we even need it on the right at all? My guess is we don't, but I may be missing something. I await further instructions Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

Yes, on the right is maybe not even needed but I think it depends on the button texture. Perhaps an attribute would be enough (so there are no changes necessary to current skins), e.g. <textoffsetx leftoffsetonly="true">.
I don't want to add anything to an already complicated control if I can avoid it Wink

This probably may not be needed for current skins since they all tend to have small spinners but when I get going on this touch skin I'm probably going to make big arse square buttons that take up the whole space so offset will be needed
Offset is not needed there necessarily, as the text will be bumped along. Either way, if needed we can add another offset tag later on.

I'll look at removing it today.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Bumping this because I'm running into the same problem using the 'button' control.

When setting <textoffsetx> the amount of offset is cut off the right side of the label.

And to test this edit the 'button' control of the defaults.xml from Foundation from -

PHP Code:
<textoffsetx>20</textoffsetx

to -

PHP Code:
<textoffsetx>100</textoffsetx

Thanks.
That is by design - the button control always offsets from left and right (this makes particular sense when you consider a right label as well.)

The spinner does the same, but as there's an obvious case where it doesn't make sense to do so I'll have to add another tag for that one.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
spincontrolex textoffset0