Getting Harmony One to work with XMBC on Vista
Had a read but couldnt find anything constructive, as title says any way of getting it to work Huh??
Couldn't have read far - try a search in the 'How to' sections - several threads there.
oggie Wrote:Had a read but couldnt find anything constructive, as title says any way of getting it to work Huh??

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC

What IR receiver are you using? The IR receiver determines how the remote works since the Harmony just emulates whatever handset normally goes with the receiver. The simplest route is to use a MS compatible IR receiver as the harmony can emulate an MS remote or MCE keyboard.

JR
steelman1991 Wrote:Couldn't have read far - try a search in the 'How to' sections - several threads there.
Sorry mate, had a look but not really sure what I was looking for Blush

jhsrennie Wrote:See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC

What IR receiver are you using? The IR receiver determines how the remote works since the Harmony just emulates whatever handset normally goes with the receiver. The simplest route is to use a MS compatible IR receiver as the harmony can emulate an MS remote or MCE keyboard.

JR
I have MC IR reciever that came with my mobo. I got harmony to works........ when I press HTPC it turns pc on and when press power off it does that as well. Only thing I have not got harmony to control XBMC in meny. Will have a look in that link you gave me and take it from there Cool
yeah set harmony to emulate ms mediacentre remote then search for eventghost and install and set it up for the best control over xbmc
craigd Wrote:yeah set harmony to emulate ms mediacentre remote then search for eventghost and install and set it up for the best control over xbmc
Top man, just the info I was looking for ...... though there might have been a program that could do that. Thanks very much Nod
No need for eventghost (an abomination of a programme) - see the thread on the first page of 'How to' section that I already directed you to. Everything can be set-up with an MCE receiver and Harmony set-up software.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54466 Nod
Will have a fiddle with it tonight if Mrs doesnt hog the tv Big Grin Will have a read through that thread steelman1991 ....... quite a long one Nod
the first page should be sufficient (instructions are there in the first post) - the rest are users with problems, myself included. No pilates classes in your area that you could send her indoors to.
steelman1991 Wrote:the first page should be sufficient (instructions are there in the first post) - the rest are users with problems, myself included. No pilates classes in your area that you could send her indoors to.
Just having a read through it now, some interesting stuff ........ very impressed with XBMC ........ its come a long way.

Pilates classes Shocked She actually started few weeks ago ........... Big Grin
oggie Wrote:Just having a read through it now, some interesting stuff ........ very impressed with XBMC ........ its come a long way.

Pilates classes Shocked She actually started few weeks ago ........... Big Grin
Now I wonder what the lottery numbers will be this week - how good a guess was that Laugh
Wink
Another quick one, how do I go about playing Blue Ray disc through XBMC ??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting Harmony One to work with XMBC on Vista0