Dvd's wont play
I'm a xbmc newb (2 days old) and when I put a DVD in my Ubuntu 10.04 system, XBMC will offer to go explore the files of the drive, but wont play the DVD. This DVD is a normal movie from the vid store, nothing funky about it. I also noticed that the system (ubuntu) will offer to play the DVD (I've installed all the special .deb files) and can play the DVD (even in movie player) but yet xbmc won't, what do I need to do to have DVD play back in xbmc?
I have the same problem with DVD playback - do anybody know the solution??
+1 for this problem, would love to know if there is a solution for this.
Hi There,

I have the same problem I have tried svn31495 and the xbmc-9.11-live-repack, Both where fresh installs on a ASrock ION 330 system.

I have tested 3commercial DVD's "The Truman show" witch starts but has a lot of little blocks, like chopped playback. The Fellowship of the ring" doesn't start...and the movie "Others" which plays fine.

On my other system runs Kubuntu 9.1 and there I had to sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras and followed the rest of the https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats .

VlC plays the 3 movies fine. XBMC complains that no DVD is inserted?

Can somebody point me in the wright direction?
Thanks for reading
Y'all might have the classic Content Scrambling System (css) problem. Workaround:
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/musicvideo...o-dvd.html

Good luck Wink
I have the same problem, but VLC and MythTV work (the latter of a fashion, still the crummiest DVD player - but nice OSD), also this all worked until I upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 and the current XBMC. The point being its not a basic config issue in the OS, i.e. I have all the required libs etc.
bump. I am having the same issue with xbmc live 10.1 I have gotten all the libs and done the css work around yet still a few movies dont work. Would getting an external player within xbmc live fix this issue then? What is the best way to do this then (advancedsettings.xml or playercorefactory.xml?

Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dvd's wont play0