• 4(current)
[MOD] Custom Home Items the easy way
Any thoughts??

johnny_swindle Wrote:OK........I followed the directions in this thread and installed the mod. This is what if found out:

- Added an "Add on Short cut" to launch the Auto Update plugin........worked flawlessly

- Add a custom favorite to run a plug in to launch an external program.....worked flawlessly

- Added a custom favorite to take me directly to a video source (Home Movies)...it failed and gave me a black screen. I was not view anyvideo files via the library or any other way until I changed the skin to a non-Confluence based skin and then accessed my videos.

I am not sure what I need to supply to the forum for diagnostic purposes. Has anyone else ran across this??
I'm trying to edit the Confluence Home screen to have Live TV with an onClick that loads mythbox. Can someone help. I tried editing the Home.xml in folder 720p but cant get it to change.
downloaded and tried to install

comes up installation failedHuh?

where do i go from here?
ManicD Wrote:downloaded and tried to install

comes up installation failedHuh?

where do i go from here?

Theres no "installation", you just drop this into your skin.confluence folder and say "yes" to overwriting...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Theres no "installation", you just drop this into your skin.confluence folder and say "yes" to overwriting...

Apologies, i'm new to linux and XBMC

Current install is XBMC-Standalone on ubuntu 10.10 with gnome desktop, where can i find the skin.confluence folder?
ManicD Wrote:Apologies, i'm new to linux and XBMC

Current install is XBMC-Standalone on ubuntu 10.10 with gnome desktop, where can i find the skin.confluence folder?

Just search for skin.confluence and drop the files in the 720p folder
>>X<<' Wrote:Just search for skin.confluence and drop the files in the 720p folder

never hurts to copy the skin.confluence folder and save that somewhere just in case also.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Very true something I always do Smile
Thanks for your help

the /usr/share/xbmc folder was owned by root so i had to do a "sudo chmod 777 -R /usr/share/xbmc" to take ownership first, then all was good

:-)
This looks like a great mod, but I am running into an issue. I can create a Custom Favorite and give it a name... and it appears on my home screen, but I cannot "set favorite"... it gives me the message "Can not find favourites.xml".

Here's what I did... please feel free to point to my error(s):

I unzipped Homemod and saw three folders: 720p, media, and scripts. I opened the 720p folder, copied those files to C:/Program Files(x86)/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/720p... then I opened the media folder and copied the "backgrounds" file and put it into the pre-existing media folder where it sits with the Textures.xbt folder... and then I copied the whole scripts folder into the skins.confluence folder since there wasn't a pre-existing scripts folder already there.

I assume I put the script.favourites folder in the wrong place -- I thought it should be C:/ Pro. Files/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/scripts/scripts.favourite?
Huh

Oops... forgot to mention: Windows 7 x64, XBMC version 10 Dharma
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, this has been the only thing keeping me with Transparency over confluence
IF YOU DON'T HAVE A C:\Users\buddy\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence folder, follow these instructions.

You probably have a fresh install of Dharma, and there's no skin.confluence folder in add-ons.

From the zipped folder, drag and drop the 720p and media folders into C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence.

Overwrite all.

From the scripts folder in the zipped folder, drag script.favorites from it, and drag to:
C:\Users\buddy\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons.

Restart XBMC, and bob's your uncle....
Hey how do one add more Custom Favorites than 5 like if I want 10 or something
I think I may have found a bug. I set this up on Windows and it worked really well. I installed the Mythbox addon and made it a favorite. I then added it as a custom favorite. Really cool, I now have a direct selection fir Mythbox on my home menu.

I then tried to do the same on a XBMCLive system. When I go to select the favorite the Mythbox favorite doesn't appear. I even tried to add a movie favorite and it didn't appear either.

I was able to get it to appear on my home menu by manually editing the guisettings.xml directly, so it appears the bug is with it allowing the selection of favorites.
ManicD Wrote:Thanks for your help

the /usr/share/xbmc folder was owned by root so i had to do a "sudo chmod 777 -R /usr/share/xbmc" to take ownership first, then all was good

:-)

I am trying this too but no luck, still getting permission problem when trying to copy the files to....
Help needed.

Br, Zemy
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Custom Home Items the easy way1