• 6(current)
[MOD] Custom Home Items the easy way
Angelscry Wrote:Add program add-on as custom home menu is not actually working with the stable version of XBMC. You need to install the GIT version of XBMC to be able to add them.

On 10.1 and all earlier versions there has been no trouble adding addons to Home. I personally have AMT Lite and PseudoTV on Home using 10.1, unless you're meaning something else?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
When I am in the Skin Settings - Custom Home, I can set a label and have the label appear on the home screen, but when I try to Set Favorite, the side menu pops up but it is empty.
mcborzu Wrote:On 10.1 and all earlier versions there has been no trouble adding addons to Home. I personally have AMT Lite and PseudoTV on Home using 10.1, unless you're meaning something else?
I want to mean that Scripts are ok but not Plugins.
When I try to add program add-on as custom home menu, Advanced Launcher don't appear in add-on list.
Do you have any idea why ?

Thanks
Ok... I will try to be more clear : Add program plugins add-ons as custom home menu is not actually working with the stable version of XBMC. It only works with program scripts add-ons. To solve this you need to install the GIT version of XBMC to be able to add them or wait for the next stable release of XBMC.
NickSoapdish Wrote:When I am in the Skin Settings - Custom Home, I can set a label and have the label appear on the home screen, but when I try to Set Favorite, the side menu pops up but it is empty.

You're running Live, aren't you?

The only way I've been able to get live to work is to determine how it should look in guisettings.xml on my test Windows install. I then have to edit the Live guisettings.xml manually to match. Since XBMC overwrites the guisettings.xml when shutting down I have to boot in recovery mode, edit, save, then reboot into normal mode. Blush

Using this method I have MythBox and New Movies appearing on my home menu.
Angelscry Wrote:Ok... I will try to be more clear : Add program plugins add-ons as custom home menu is not actually working with the stable version of XBMC. It only works with program scripts add-ons. To solve this you need to install the GIT version of XBMC to be able to add them or wait for the next stable release of XBMC.

Is there a spefic trac you are referencing cuz so far in my tests everything works:

Scripts I tested:
Forum Browser
cdArt manager
pseudotv

Plugins I've tested:
Advanced Launcher
Youtube
Amt Lite
HGTV
Youtube

All work using this mod, and Night and Carmichael will work since they use same code. All launch just fine from Home...

TugboatBill Wrote:You're running Live, aren't you?

The only way I've been able to get live to work is to determine how it should look in guisettings.xml on my test Windows install. I then have to edit the Live guisettings.xml manually to match. Since XBMC overwrites the guisettings.xml when shutting down I have to boot in recovery mode, edit, save, then reboot into normal mode. Blush

Using this method I have MythBox and New Movies appearing on my home menu.

I'm using Windows. Do you have a way to get it to work with Windows from your test install?
It works fine in Windows (Win 7 Ult x64 w/10.1 XBMC - upgraded from 10.0). I right click on an item and add it to favorites. I can then select it from the list when I set up the home custom item.
Ok, so I first need to create a Favorite out of it and then can add it to the home screen.

So to make the favorite, just find the Boxee item on the menu (under Programs -> Advanced Launcher) and right click it there?
Sigh...

this is the 5th mod/tutorial I tried, all getting me the same thing that doesn't work.

The problem is my labels are too big: "Movie Collection" truncates the name, which I don't want to do.

Is there a way to change the font size per label in your mod? if no, any plans to add it?

The closest I got was manually fixing the font sizes to make the text fit, but the text was small (36 size) as opposed to default 50, so that there was a big gap in the middle of the labels...

I posted this here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post756198

Hopefully he or someone knows how to reduce the size between labels when text is smaller.
I did reduce the size, but I went to 45 from 50 and that was just enough to fit my label so cutting the vertical distance wasn't really needed.
I set up Boxee as a favorite, but it is still not showing up on the favorites panel on the right side of the screen when I try to set up the custom home icon.

I re-downloaded scripts.favorite from here and put it in this location:

C:\Users\Lenovo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

Still no luck. Any ideas?
extract the mod
cut/paste into skin.confluence/ folder
click yes to "do you want to overwrite" popup
done

mcborzu Wrote:extract the mod
cut/paste into skin.confluence/ folder
click yes to "do you want to overwrite" popup
done

I've done this with the 720p and media folders. I also put the scripts directory into the skin/confluence folder. That didn't seem to work, the pane to the right is still blank. Is this where the scripts folder needs to go?

I also tried putting scripts.favorites into the skin.confluence folder and also tried putting the files from scripts.favorites directly into the folder, neither worked.

Sorry to be so dense, this is my first crack at this.

Seems to be working now! Not sure which of the above mentioned locations worked, but apparently one did.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Custom Home Items the easy way1