[Ubuntu 10.04 Full] How do I exit back to gnome desktop?
Question 
I have XBMC installed on top of Ubuntu 10.04, and I can exit it back to gnome no problem using the standard confluence skin as there's an exit button and a shutdown button etc, but when 'aeon' or 'Aeon Stark' are set as the skin there doesn't seem to be any exit, or even a turn off button?

I understand that the skin and even XBMC may have been designed to run independent of a regular desktop environment running in the background but if I can do wit without the skin, surely I can do it with?

Also am I supposed to have both an 'aeon', and 'Aeon Stark' skin rather than just the latter?

xbmc 1:9.11-lucid2

Aeon installed using the following guide:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49958
umm .. try hit 's' .. and then selecting shutdown .. i believe i did that last night on a lucid build (however i'm not sure if i messed around with the skin's 's' menu) and it just dumped me back to gnome instead of shuting down the machine
Under power management settings you can choose what action to do when selecting shutdown. In Aeon's settings you can enable a shutdown option to show in the main menu (at least true for Aeon65).
There is a shutdown menu item, it's just disabled. Go into settings and Aeon configuration and enable the shutdown menu item. All is golden after.
IIRC, Aeon does not include the "Quit" option in its shutdown menu by default, which exits back to the Ubuntu login screen. This post outlines how to fix it for the Aeon65 skin, which should be about the same for the original.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Ubuntu 10.04 Full] How do I exit back to gnome desktop?0