Xbmc & 16x9 gui
i have a strange problem that (i think) just showed in the latest xbmc versions (i'm running today's cvs, 27 nov 2004). i have a jvc widescreen tv and have set my xbox to widescreen ntsc in the ms dash. it also shows it is 16:9 ntsc in xbmc, but when i have my tv in the auto-zoom mode it zooms the image in "panoramic" mode, normally used to zoom 4:3 sources to fill the 16:9 screen, while it should be in "full screen" mode which it uses for anamorpic 16:9 sources.

the strange thing is that when i boot my xbox it switches to this "real" 16:9 format (the "full screen format") but as soon as xbmc load it switches back to the 4:3 ("panoramic") format. so, xbmc (ran in 16:9) must signal itself as 4:3 or something during boot-up. this results in over-zooming the allready 16:9 image and thus the outer areas of the source-image become invisible.

another odd thing is that when i go to the xbmc settings and flip it from 16:9 to 4:3 and back to 16:9 again, it then does recognise it as an anamorphic *real* 16:9 source.
you have a version with the splash screen, right?

if so, i'd say it's been fixed already (there was an issue with hdtv as well caused by the splash screen).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i do yes, but i even removed the splash screen and it still happens....

where dit it get fixed in? in the skin or in the xbmc package itseld? i don't see a changelog mentioned in the cvs about it....

/edit: i just updated to the lastest cvs (revision 1.328) and the problem is still present.
same problem here - with 16x9 pal...

xbmc cvs build 2004-11-28.

batnun
(batnun @ nov. 28 2004,17:38 Wrote:xbmc cvs build 2004-11-28.
what time? :p try a later 2004-11-28
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
as stated before, revision 1329, and i don't see any fix posted in the cvs so i'm wondering where this fix is then.

/edit
compiled the one till rev 1332 and now its fixed, yay!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc & 16x9 gui0