Crystal HD AppleTv Driver
I am just wondering when there is going to be a new version of the driver
I am currently at R26 but I see the trunk being over 100 so I guess a lot of work has been done??
interceptor121 Wrote:I am just wondering when there is going to be a new version of the driver
I am currently at R26 but I see the trunk being over 100 so I guess a lot of work has been done??

When issues have settled down. You have seen the issues in other threads, I guess not or you would not have asked this question Smile
Well personally other than the known limitations of the chip I actually have no problems with Crystal HD for 720p content but I was curious about the possible improvements to 1080p
interceptor121 Wrote:Well personally other than the known limitations of the chip I actually have no problems with Crystal HD for 720p content but I was curious about the possible improvements to 1080p

Linux seems to work well with crystalhd. Under OSX, there's still a CPU resource issue under ATV. ATV(osx) seems to take 2x the CPU as ATV(linux). Not sure why. If I can refactor the passage of picture frames from CrystalHD to renderer and eliminate a double copy, then performance might improve for 1080p under ATV(osx).
Thanks for the update. And I guess still no news on the reason why XBMC does not work with 1080p display settings?
@Interceptor I would definitely take a look at either Sam's or Pin's crystalubuntu image and give it a shot. Very straightforward to make and play around with. Just plug it in and off you go. I'd recommend an 8gb stick though, as there are some of the 4gb's that don't work and if you decide to stay this route you might need the extra space anyways. My 2¢
interceptor121 Wrote:Thanks for the update. And I guess still no news on the reason why XBMC does not work with 1080p display settings?

Nope, that waits display handling changes. (Note for others, that's ATV(OSX) not ATV(Linux).
davilla Wrote:If I can refactor the passage of picture frames from CrystalHD to renderer and eliminate a double copy, then performance might improve for 1080p under ATV(osx).

Yes yes! by all means, refactor the passage of picture frames! I'm going to be refactoring some stuff here as well. Possibly coasters. I once had a double copy of spiderman #34 but I sold it on ebay. I totally relate.
Nice one.
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
thnmnt Wrote:Yes yes! by all means, refactor the passage of picture frames! I'm going to be refactoring some stuff here as well. Possibly coasters. I once had a double copy of spiderman #34 but I sold it on ebay. I totally relate.

Laugh
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
davilla Wrote:Nope, that waits display handling changes. (Note for others, that's ATV(OSX) not ATV(Linux).

Does the 1080p picture not need to be processed to 720 to be output by the Apple TV atm? i.e. would removing the 720/1080 restriction reduce processor load?
BBrian Wrote:Does the 1080p picture not need to be processed to 720 to be output by the Apple TV atm? i.e. would removing the 720/1080 restriction reduce processor load?

No, 1080p video content is scaled to 720p display rez by the GPU. Video content size has nothing to do with video display size.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crystal HD AppleTv Driver0