XBMC crashes during library update (ALL VARIANTS)
So i've been fighting this issue for about 4 or 5 months now. It appeared out of no where (before my library worked perfectly) then just out of the blue (no updates or anything) XBMC started crashing during a library update.

This happens with new libraries as well as old, on both ubuntu and windows variants (doesn't seem to be specific to any distro or version of windows)

Sometimes it will outright lock up my ubuntu htpc (no access to tty1 forcing a reboot), or it will just crash and kick me back to my desktop. Other times it will lock up and i am able to access tty1 but killing all xbmc related pids or whatever it's called will not work (usually xbmc core will not quit). So i'm forced to restart my GDM service.

Here is my crash log:
http://pastebin.com/hKew6cCC

Because it happens on every OS i've tried, both using stable builds newer builds, i'm going to say it's something to do with my files or network, but i just can't figure it out.

All movies play fine without library.

I currently use an ubuntu 9.10 box as my server, sharing over samba on a GB network.
There's a rar file somewhere it tries to read from and then it crashes, turning on debug logging will show which file it crashes on in the log.
thanks. i see one so far thats causing it Smile
deleted the rars and library update has carried on. hopefully i will be able to ween out the bad files and again be able to use my library Smile
How about instead of deleting them, you move them somewhere so that we can use them to find and fix the problem?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes during library update (ALL VARIANTS)0