• 5(current)
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's
Reinstalled and all avi files give black screen with only sound. Xvid and Divx.
Any suggestion? In Freack V14 .avi was perfect...

pinkpinkpun Wrote:Hi. Installed new version:
http://xbmcfreak.binkey.nl/xbmcfreak-10....lucid1.zip

My problem is when I play .avi movies: green screen. No problem with .mkv.
I update latest nvidia drivers and now the green screen is black with red band....
Any suggestion?
How can I downgrade kernels to get lirc to work?

Edit: Disregard. I did sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade and now running r31657 without any problems.
ext23 Wrote:i did this immediately after installing the livecd last night and it broke my install. the build included in the live cd is only like 3 days old...nothing much has changed since then.

Worked for me and Ritzie above Wink
This version mount FAT32 patition?

I'm using the 9.04 but it doesn't mount my hard disk.
harryzimm Wrote:@Andre

check out the wiki to enable wake on usb.

For the overscan issue, play a movie that switches to a different refresh rate. hit enter to bring up the osd, then go to video settings and lastly scroll to the bottom to edit video calibration.

cheers

First I thought that the suspend/wake works ok with this. But it did work only 1-2 times. After that it wont get to suspend state at all. Problem is weird because first it works but later not. What could cause act like this?

cat /proc/acpi/wakeup gives:
USB0 S4 enabled pci:0000:00:04.0

Zemy
Im aware this is not a remote ...problem thread...im not a newbie even thou my status says so..but i will ask what was different in the V14 xbmcfreak cd as regards the the latest version ...ive asked if you look back at least 3 pages with no reply...so please again ...on wake up what was added in that version that isnt in this version ...thank you in advance...jack
can i burn this image on cd or its only for usb? my htpc cannot boot from usb dont know why
chanders Wrote:Have you tried changing the USB emulation mode from 'Auto' in the bios?

While this is a viable option, I think the scope of doing this is well out of the ballpark for an average windows user..
I'll give that a try tonight.
Some update and answers to myself and everybody else with these problems.

I managed to update the NVIDIA drivers to 256.35 successfully by adding X-SWAT ppa to sources and then apt-update and upgrade things.

Also by adding:
http://hu.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid-proposed restricted main multiverse universe
to sources made the kernel upgrade possible to 2.6.32-24

The bug for the suspend/resume problems, may be corrected with that
wiki advise by adding usbcore.autosuspend=-1 to the default grub line.
That line seems to be commented out by default in this version and
there is not that autosuspend option by default att all.

System is now working just good as I can expect, hope that someone gets help with these experiences.

Zemy
Mr-Jack Wrote:Great Work...No wake from USB working to power on the unit from Sleep..like version 14..as ive tried all tutorials and mine still wont wake ...except on 14 where it worked straight away ...but everything else worked great ..

same here.....wake from USB not working...
My IR receiver flashes red when it receives an IR signal. However, when the box goes in to suspend mode the IR receiver appears to be unresponsive. No red flashes indicating that it has power...No
i have same problem with version 14 also...with xbmcfreak.911 wake from USB working fine...
voyager2 Wrote:Asus M2N, 2 gig ram 30gig SSD 4200 Mhz,

Browse for new share :

Selecting workgroup ok, selecting prometheus file server no joy.

Working keeps spinning.

Adding share by hand, works fine.

The rest seems stable, video, vdpau, audio, remote, all good no errors during bootup live cd.

exact same experience on a single core revo and debian smbd.

samba 3.0.25a-1 with authentication required to access the share. when browsing to this share 'working' just spins endlessly.
when i manually configure the path it prompts for login and then can be successfully added.

side rant: can the ubuntu flubber at the beginning be changed/removed (and if anything, in the same way its done in previous versions (9.x))?
pinkpinkpun Wrote:Reinstalled and all avi files give black screen with only sound. Xvid and Divx.
Any suggestion? In Freack V14 .avi was perfect...

Same problem here. So frustrating, as I have almost everything else working perfectly! Not being able to play any of my SD content is a dealbreaker though.

I also still can't get to a terminal with Ctrl-Alt-FX or by exiting XBMC. It just brings up a blank screen. However, that I can work around by using Putty, so it's more of a slight annoyance.

I also want to echo the sentiment that others have expressed regarding the ubuntu splash screen ...
matchsmalone Wrote:Same problem here. So frustrating, as I have almost everything else working perfectly! Not being able to play any of my SD content is a dealbreaker though.

I also still can't get to a terminal with Ctrl-Alt-FX or by exiting XBMC. It just brings up a blank screen. However, that I can work around by using Putty, so it's more of a slight annoyance.

I also want to echo the sentiment that others have expressed regarding the ubuntu splash screen ...

I have the exact same problem. Has anyone discovered a way to disable VDPAU for Xvid/AVI without doing it before compiling XBMC? I'm less concerned about getting into terminal (Putty works great), but the Xvid thing is a huge, huge problem.
WishX Wrote:I have the exact same problem. Has anyone discovered a way to disable VDPAU for Xvid/AVI without doing it before compiling XBMC? I'm less concerned about getting into terminal (Putty works great), but the Xvid thing is a huge, huge problem.

Well, I've found one way to play xvids (and judging by your post, maybe you already knew this). If I go to System ->Video ->Playback and turn off the "Allow hardware acceleration (VDPAU)" option, then it plays xvid/avis just fine. Of course, that would mean that I need to come back and turn VDPAU back on every time I want to watch a HD mkv/x264 file, so that's kind of a pain.

Does anyone have any ideas for a fix for this? Does VDPAU normally mess up xvid? I'm not understanding what's going on, I don't recall having this issue on previous builds.
Have someone the password ? Ist it user:xbmc and Password : xbmc ?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's0