• 6(current)
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's
I am a total Noob here please forgive my silly simple questions....

mobo is Zotac Ionitx-G-E Synergy
I am having problems with Ubuntu 10.04 desktop and HDMI audio in XBMC I have working audio elsewhere. I have updated my alsa drivers and Nvidia drivers

can I install this live version along with my desktop version and get HDMI audio via XBMC

-=Jason=-
matchsmalone Wrote:Well, I've found one way to play xvids (and judging by your post, maybe you already knew this). If I go to System ->Video ->Playback and turn off the "Allow hardware acceleration (VDPAU)" option, then it plays xvid/avis just fine. Of course, that would mean that I need to come back and turn VDPAU back on every time I want to watch a HD mkv/x264 file, so that's kind of a pain.

Does anyone have any ideas for a fix for this? Does VDPAU normally mess up xvid? I'm not understanding what's going on, I don't recall having this issue on previous builds.
That is a know problem for a long while. It affects almost all builds after the latest stable. I am not sure if they are going to offer an option to disable vdpau for xvid since this seems to be a pretty grave bug (it crashes my xbmc if I don't stop it)
So the only way to solve at the moment is change video card?
What you recommend? At the moment I have a Geforce 210 (By Point of View)
pinkpinkpun Wrote:So the only way to solve at the moment is change video card?
What you recommend? At the moment I have a Geforce 210 (By Point of View)

No, you just have to disable VDPAU before you watch a xvid video, as I described above.
How do I go about adding a new skin to this? I've installed to my Revo's HDD, and want to add Night (not in Addons)

Thanks
matchsmalone Wrote:No, you just have to disable VDPAU before you watch a xvid video, as I described above.
I wish that were more family friendly Smile

I upgraded my nvidia 8500 (or something like that) card to the 220 and really wish I hadn't. I got too excited when I read about xvid support
matchsmalone Wrote:No, you just have to disable VDPAU before you watch a xvid video, as I described above.

The idea is that it should detect the file format and if it's xvid disable vdpau for just that file.
Subtitles - Serious Business
gururu Wrote:Does this version with PVR supported? Thanks a lot

No it's not in it, i've just tested.
Press THANK USER if I Help
I just did a clean install of the new xbmcfreak on a Acer Revo 1600. I have everything set to hdmi and I get no audio. I messed around following all the alsa guides and such and still nothing. Any thoughts on this? I just re-wiped everything and am at a clean install so ready to try whatever you throw my way.

Thanks!
I hope the livecd is going to support AFP! so i don't have to take these steps anymore:

http://www.kremalicious.com/2008/06/ubun.../#comments
worked like a charm my wireless internet is not working on my ION though. I know I just need to enter my network settings and I have this guide but inorder to get to the terminal I need to hold ctrl +alt+f1 to get to the terminal but this does not workHuh I need this so I can ssh into my htpc and install skins, and get weather ect....
A lot of us here have problem also with the terminal. The only way to enter is entering to terminal with putty via cable.
I installed this on a Revo 3610 2gb ram yesterday.

It plays 1080p films just fine, but cannot play Planet Earth 1080p without major stuttering!

When pressing 'O' while playing,it shows P(VQ:96%, does this mean 96& GPU use?

Why is this soooo high?? The CPU (s) 0,1,2,3 all stay around max of 10%.

I bought this Revo to play this 1080p content, so a little unhappy with it so far. Any advice or tutorials on what I need to do would be great.

I have enabled 512mb in the bios. All content is stored on external drives connected over USB.

The 2nd problem I have is the video is too large for the screen. XBMC fits nicely, I used the calibration tool to adjust, but films etc are too big, most visible when paused and part of the info is 'off the screen'. How can I adjust this? My TV does not have a zoom etc, HDMI channels show in one setting only.

Thanks
Hiya guys, wonder if you can help me Huh

I have an acer aspire r3610 and I was previously running XMBCFreak v14 and everything worked fine but obviously i wanted to try this out, latest SVN etc. so installed this but i'm having a couple of problems..

1. I connect my acer directly to my amp via coaxial but a few videos i'm playing don't have sound (i think mpeg audio layer 3 as thats what it says in the properties in media player classic). They play fine on V14, i have audio set to digital and output device to iec958 exactly the same settings as i have on V14 but still no sound, if i set it to analogue the sound works. Any thoughts? Most vids have sound but some don't Sad

2. There is no option to change the display to 60Hz like there is in V14, if i press the display info when playing movies it shows 50Hz, so i get juddery movement etc. when a film is panning for example, continious judder, i assume this is down to it not being 60Hz

oh and BTW i'm pretty much a linux noob, i can do some stuff with putty and winscp etc. but i need to follow guides lol

Cheers
TIA
ok just to reply to my own post i figured out how to get the sound working and stll be on digital, i unselected MP1, MP2 and MP3 capable receiver in audio output options, this wasn't on V14 so i just ticked em all anyway when setting it up lol, seems ok now i've unselected them

Getting 60Hz still eludes me tho Huh
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's0