• 4(current)
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's
@Andre

check out the wiki to enable wake on usb.

For the overscan issue, play a movie that switches to a different refresh rate. hit enter to bring up the osd, then go to video settings and lastly scroll to the bottom to edit video calibration.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
pumkinut Wrote:The only problem I have with it is that I can't boot to it via my USB attached optical drive. When I try I get an "Unrecognized Filesystem" error and it drops me to the grub prompt. I installed it to a thumbdrive via unetbootin, but I'd like to try the CD in case I want to install to my HDD.

Have you tried changing the USB emulation mode from 'Auto' in the bios?

erhnam Wrote:Use two usb keys; one for the latest livecd's and one for persistence usage of your settings:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent

I assume you also have a harddisk installed with your movies and music.
While this is a viable option, I think the scope of doing this is well out of the ballpark for an average windows user..
I downloaded Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn31632 and installed to hard drive.
Check out the system info and it says its r31542.

Dunno if this makes any difference but.... there supposed to be RTMP support with Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn31632.
harryzimm Wrote:@Andre

check out the wiki to enable wake on usb.

For the overscan issue, play a movie that switches to a different refresh rate. hit enter to bring up the osd, then go to video settings and lastly scroll to the bottom to edit video calibration.

cheers

Thanks the video calibration did the thing. Don’t understand why I didn’t know that.

For wake on usb, it look like it is working BUT when I wake up xbmc it comes at linux login but won’t go to xbmc by itself. Any idea about that? Not important any more I accidentally installed xbmcfreak911livev14 and xbmcfreak-10.08-svn31632-lucid1 does got back in xbmc after Suspend and I can put it in Suspend with remote. But the solution on wiki wont help to get the pc out of Suspend with remote.

One other problem I have is, if I play killersample or a film like avatar, it is not smooth. It plays normal than it slows a bit and then it speed up and then It is normal and then slows a bit and speed up and that stays the hole film/video. Most of the films I don’t have that problem but about 10% of the 1080p films does.
It looks like wake on USB is enabled by default in the latest XBMCFreaks live CD.

I have also found a way to keep the installation up to date.

1. ssh into your XBMC box
2. in a terminal run

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

3. This will bring you up to the latest SVN from the ppa Wink
chanders Wrote:It looks like wake on USB is enabled by default in the latest XBMCFreaks live CD.

I have also found a way to keep the installation up to date.

1. ssh into your XBMC box
2. in a terminal run

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

3. This will bring you up to the latest SVN from the ppa Wink

i did this immediately after installing the livecd last night and it broke my install. the build included in the live cd is only like 3 days old...nothing much has changed since then.
harryzimm Wrote:The latest nvidia drivers 256.* fix a nasty bug for hdmi pcm multi-channel audio, Which for some users is a big deal.

cheers

what is the linux command string to automatically update nvidia drivers?? sorry for the n00b question.
Hey Guys I need a bit of help... When I put the disc in i was greeted with the XBMC logo and 3 options Live,install,Boot OS From H.D.D.... When i clicked install to H.D.D I got
Quote:error: invalid magic number
error: you need to load the kernel firsts.

Failed to boot both default and fallback entries.
Press any key to continue...
So I went and tried the other options, same thing.
After that I burned a 2nd disc, when that failed I tried Unetbootin which got to its menu but when a option was selected
Quote:Invalid or corrupt kernel image.
boot: _
So then i went back to the CD and tried C for command and tab for help then tried loading the kernel manually from the cd I got:
Quote:not valid 32bit architecture
I have an Asus AT3N7A-I with the Intel Atom and Nvidia ION. I currently am running the old 9.10 installed from xbmc.org with driver updates and what not on a 4gb Flash Drive. Thanks in advance
McNugit Wrote:Hey Guys I need a bit of help... When I put the disc in i was greeted with the XBMC logo and 3 options Live,install,Boot OS From H.D.D.... When i clicked install to H.D.D I got
So I went and tried the other options, same thing.
After that I burned a 2nd disc, when that failed I tried Unetbootin which got to its menu but when a option was selected
So then i went back to the CD and tried C for command and tab for help then tried loading the kernel manually from the cd I got:
I have an Asus AT3N7A-I with the Intel Atom and Nvidia ION. I currently am running the old 9.10 installed from xbmc.org with driver updates and what not on a 4gb Flash Drive. Thanks in advance

Have You updated Your Unetbootin, the current version did the trick for me.
Older Unetbootin had problems with Lucid versions.

Br,Zemy
Quote:Have You updated Your Unetbootin, the current version did the trick for me.
Older Unetbootin had problems with Lucid versions.

Br,Zemy
Yeah I did, Still fail
McNugit Wrote:Yeah I did, Still fail

I assume that You have also re-downloaded the iso..?
Did You use ISO to USB-stick with Unetbootin?

Zemy
Quote:I assume that You have also re-downloaded the iso..?
Did You use ISO to USB-stick with Unetbootin?

Zemy
Yes, and yes I downloaded the iso unetbootin the iso to USB Pluged it into my HTPC and booted from the stick i got to grub but when i selected anything it gave me a kernel error
WOW as you suggested I re-downloaded The Iso as well as unetbootin and i formated my drive and tried again.. But i think the issue might have been that i had my Flash drive named D N A with Space between I removed the spaces and it loaded fine
McNugit Wrote:WOW as you suggested I re-downloaded The Iso as well as unetbootin and i formated my drive and tried again.. But i think the issue might have been that i had my Flash drive named D N A with Space between I removed the spaces and it loaded fine

Glad to hear about the success. Sometimes the problem is just there where You think it would never be.

Zemy
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's0