Aeon-Showmix Project
Is it just me or is that font really ugly? lol. Good work, I'll give it a try in the future, but it needs a nicer font.
I moved the showmix release from today to my skins folder, yet I cannot select it in XBMC? Any idea?

edit: Nevermind I got it, had to install the .zip through addon settings. Follow-up question though: Where is the skin data stored now? I.e. the image flags for codecs, sound, etc.
link not working for me i am going away for 2 days and i leave in 10mins so somebody who has already downloaded this might have to fix it. thats if its not working could just be me
slopokdave Wrote:I moved the showmix release from today to my skins folder, yet I cannot select it in XBMC? Any idea?

edit: Nevermind I got it, had to install the .zip through addon settings. Follow-up question though: Where is the skin data stored now? I.e. the image flags for codecs, sound, etc.

It should be C:\Program Files\XBMC\Addons\skin.Showmix
ZombieRobot Wrote:link not working for me i am going away for 2 days and i leave in 10mins so somebody who has already downloaded this might have to fix it. thats if its not working could just be me

Nevermind, i'll test it ...
butchabay Wrote:It should be C:\Program Files\XBMC\Addons\skin.Showmix

Thanks, I looked there too and no-go. The only skin folder I have in the /Addons/ folder is skin.confluence.
slopokdave Wrote:Thanks, I looked there too and no-go. The only skin folder I have in the /Addons/ folder is skin.confluence.

So you have it in C:\user\appdata\roaming\xbmc\addons for Win7, if you're using XP is C:\documents&settings\appdata\XBMC\addons
Watched and Unwatched count just seems to be blank for me. I have checked over the settings. My posters show the watched icon so I am assuming it may be a database issue. Any ideas? does yours work?
scales Wrote:Watched and Unwatched count just seems to be blank for me. I have checked over the settings. My posters show the watched icon so I am assuming it may be a database issue. Any ideas? does yours work?

yeah i have the same problem, its blank at the home menu
i didn't look into this when coding up the addons section there is still more to do with the addons section but i have been busy working on my skin i have some time today to look at the addons and also will look into your problem and recently added because know one will take on showmix full time its kind of stuck in limbo unless andy takes it on again i think this skin will either die or fork into yet another aeon hybrid
I hope that this post helps to prove that this skin is still alive, if the learning curve wasn't so steep (or me so dumb...Eek) I would love to take this on...(The Skinners Apprentice perhaps?)

well here goes my question:

I see the option in the settings to have genre fan art for music, and I have it enabled, but where do I put my images?

in another skin I was transforming, it was /extras/music/genre/ and /extras/music/genrefanart/...tried that and no go, found some other genre icons in media/musicgenre/ would the fanart then be media/musicgenrefanart/? nope.

nothing has worked up to this point..any suggestions?

I am running Dharma beta 2 on Vista with showmix 2.5 b169
djgracie Wrote:I hope that this post helps to prove that this skin is still alive, if the learning curve wasn't so steep (or me so dumb...Eek) I would love to take this on...(The Skinners Apprentice perhaps?)

well here goes my question:

I see the option in the settings to have genre fan art for music, and I have it enabled, but where do I put my images?

in another skin I was transforming, it was /extras/music/genre/ and /extras/music/genrefanart/...tried that and no go, found some other genre icons in media/musicgenre/ would the fanart then be media/musicgenrefanart/? nope.

nothing has worked up to this point..any suggestions?

I am running Dharma beta 2 on Vista with showmix 2.5 b169

i am running Dharma beta 2 on windows 7 with my modded Dharma ready showmix build on first page and it is working for me i am putting them in addons\skin.showmix\media\backdrops\moviegenrefanart or musicgenrefanart just make sure they are .jpg images and not .png images also reset xbmc after replaceing the images quit out of xbmc and open it back up again that refreshes everything
ZombieRobot Wrote:i didn't look into this when coding up the addons section there is still more to do with the addons section but i have been busy working on my skin i have some time today to look at the addons and also will look into your problem and recently added because know one will take on showmix full time its kind of stuck in limbo unless andy takes it on again i think this skin will either die or fork into yet another aeon hybrid

So you're working on a new skin?
butchabay Wrote:So you're working on a new skin?

Yep

what started as a night mod turned into an new skin
This is Nova

Home Menu

ImageImage

Recently Added

ImageImage

Music

ImageImage

i still have loads to do i also have a simple clean home menu without buttons and am working on a third home menu now also have done 2 views fully complete but saving the views for last because they easy and i like to do the hard stuff first this skin can be clean without clutter or as you can see it now which looks awesome on the hdtv also just included option for animated backdrops but imo it is too much the option is there tho...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78900
ive also been working on showmix not much new stuff there at the moment just animated backdrops and worked more on addons i don't think i should add anything to it because showmix is not my mod but if i add anything new i will post it in another thread because people might not like the changes i make like a spawn of showmix i just dont have much time for showmix at the moment

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon-Showmix Project1