Chinavision CVSB-983 IR Remote which Lirc Drivers
Lightbulb 
I got this receiver to work great in OpenELEC with my Harmony 300i and posted a how-to on their forum. I did not recompile anything but I'm not sure if the same concepts will work for Linux and Live.Here's what I found.

Thanks to the posters in this thread that got me started, I now have this receiver working without any lag with my 300i and OpenELEC setup. The only thing I couldn't get functioning were the numeric keys, but I didn't spend too much time on it because I had plenty of buttons for what I wanted to do.
Thank you for this great How-to. I like the idea of mapping another key for the power button. I see that you used the fullscreen button to do this.

That solves the problem I have with mine (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=731593&postcount=8) without recompiling.

The only problem is that my Harmony 700 is so slow compared to the original remote that it is quite painful to use (especially when browsing through my large music library). I have tried every tips there are on the net and I have gave up on trying to improve the speed.
Quote:The only problem is that my Harmony 700 is so slow compared to the original remote that it is quite painful to use (especially when browsing through my large music library). I have tried every tips there are on the net and I have gave up on trying to improve the speed.

What a bummer. My 300i is totally snappy. I assume you tried tweaking the remotedelay and remoterepeat settings in the advancedsettings.xml. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with your problem, but it would be worth messing with.

Quote:<remotedelay>

The repeat delay for a LIRC remote control. A delay value between 1 and 20 before a remote button starts repeating on a long keypress (ie continuously sending button pushes while it's held down). Defaults to 3.

<remoterepeat>

This used to adjust the amount of time in milliseconds between repeated keystrokes. Used to prevent key-bounce, in other words prevents xbmc (lirc?) seeing one key press as multiple key presses with certain remotes.

<remoterepeat>800</remoterepeat>

Excerpt from advancedsettings.xml in the wiki
I have read the hex code and converted it to binary and added these to XBMC. This is what my keyboard.xml file looks like:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="127055">Notification(folder,keypressed)</key> <!-- Folders -->
<key id="127027">ShowSubtitles</key> <!-- Fullscreen -->
<key id="389185 ">contextmenu</key> <!-- Green -->
<key id="389186 ">codecinfo</key> <!-- Orange -->
<key id="389187">info</key> <!-- Blue -->
<key id="389188">osd</key> <!-- Yellow -->
<key id="61615">volume_up</key> <!-- Vol+ -->
<key id="61597">VolumeDown</key> <!-- Vol- -->
<key id="61596">mute</key> <!-- Mute -->
<key id="454665">Notification(DoubleWindow,keypressed)</key> <!-- Double Window -->
<key id="61508">UpdateLibrary(video)</key> <!--Desktop-->
<key id="61662">Shutdown</key> <!--Power-->
<key id="323731">Reboot</key> <!--Close-->
<key id="61626">BigStepForward</key>
<key id="61627">BigStepBack</key>
<key id="61484">Notification(1,keypressed)</key> <!-- 1 -->
<key id="61505">Notification(2,keypressed)</key>
<key id="61508">Notification(3,keypressed)</key>
<key id="61511">Notification(4,keypressed)</key>
<key id="61514">Notification(5,keypressed)</key>
<key id="61517">Notification(6,keypressed)</key>
<key id="61520">Notification(7,keypressed)</key>
<key id="61524">Notification(8,keypressed)</key>
<key id="61527">Notification(9,keypressed)</key>
<key id="61472">Notification(0,keypressed)</key>

</keyboard>
</global>

</keymap>

The only problem I am having is getting the number keys to work without having to push the numlock before. I am also using a Harmony remote to send these codes once I have recorded then in XBMC, Hope this helps getting this remote to work in XBMC.
Everything works swimmingly, except ...

I've been using the Chinavasion dongle with my Harmony remote for a few years now, but I'd like to take it further. The only keys that I've ever successfully mapped have been the hot keys A-D, that correspond to the colored buttons. When I try to remap other buttons, the original function for that button occurs. Here's my current keyboard.xml:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <key id="389185">Info</key><!-- HotKeyA -->
      <key id="389186">SmallStepBack</key><!-- HotKeyB -->
      <key id="389187">StepForward</key><!-- HotKeyC -->
      <key id="389188">ContextMenu</key><!-- HotKeyD -->
      <key id="61508">XBMC.RunScript(C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\scripts\PartyMode.py)</key><!-- Desktop -->
      <!--key id="127027">XBMC.RunScript(C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\scripts\PartyMode.py)</key--><!-- Fullscreen -->
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <key id="61612">ShowSubtitles</key><!-- WWW -->
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

So, the first 4 functions work great and allow me great control. I've tried seemingly endless ways to trap the other button clicks, and always get the same results: when I click Desktop, instead of getting my Party on, XBMC minimizes and I arrive at my Desktop! Same is true of most of the other utility functions - though I never did find a keycode for the email button.

My question is, would somebody please point out the error of my ways and show me how to override these functions properly?

Oh, I set my Harmony up using the generic MCE Remote, some years ago. I've not tried to use the newer Chinavasion device that is now available through the Logitech database - an application of the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" theory! Dongle is plugged into an old Revo running Win7.
Your key ids are quite different from mine but assuming you got the right ones (you need to check what they are in the debug log that you get when enabling debugging in XBMC), you need to define all of the functions that you are using. XBMC does not know this remote, just the MCE remote.

Once it is done, you will need to use the Logitech Harmony Remote Software (latest version is 7,7), not the online version to map your buttons from the Chinavision to the Harmony.

One thing that does not work is the shutdown but you can use another button on your Chinavision that you remap to shutdown on your Harmony.

Here is my Keymap.xml file:

Code:
<keymap>
<!--**************GLOBAL**************-->
  <global>
    <keyboard>
    <key id="61621">ActivateWindow(favourites)</key> <!--Yellow-->
    <key id="61632">ActivateWindow(musicplaylist)</key> <!--MyPC-->
    <key id="61629">Play</key> <!--Play button to play selected items-->
    <key id="323731">Pause</key> <!--Close button mapped to pause-->
    <key id="61627">Rewind</key> <!--Skip Previous mapped to Rewind-->
    <key id="61626">FastForward</key> <!--Skip Next mapped to Fast forward-->
    <key id="61522">SkipPrevious</key> <!--Rewind mapped to skip previous-->
    <key id="61510">SkipNext</key> <!--Fast forward mapped to skip next-->
    <key id="61508">Queue</key> <!--Desktop button mapped to Queue Item-->
    <key id="61630">Info</key> <!--Email button to Info-->
    <key id="61622">ContextMenu</key> <!--WWW button to Context Menu-->
    <key id="61467">PreviousMenu</key> <!--Escape to Home Menu-->
    <key id="61448">ParentDir</key> <!--Basckspace to Parent directory-->
    <!--key id="61952">XBMC.Shutdown()</key> <!--Standby to Shutdown (EDEN on Maverick)-->
    <key id="61663">XBMC.Shutdown()</key> <!--Standby to Shutdown (Frodo on XBMCBuntu-->
    </keyboard>
  </global>

<!--**************FULLSCREEN VIDEO**************-->
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
    <key id="61654">ShowSubtitles</key> <!--Left Windows key toggles subtitles-->
    <key id="323593">CodecInfo</key> <!--Alt-Tab displays Codec-->
    <key id="127055">OSD</key> <!--Folders button displays OSD-->    
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>

<!--**************VISUALISATION**************-->
  <visualisation>
    <keyboard>    
    <key id="127055">ActivateWindow(musicosd)</key> <!--Menu button displays OSD-->
    </keyboard>
  </visualisation>

</keymap>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chinavision CVSB-983 IR Remote which Lirc Drivers0