• 2(current)
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request
Pix, add this to the first post please so that newcomers know how to download this. Also, am I not a contributor or did I miss something? :p
Quote:Download Instructions:
To download initially
1) Download and install msysgit
*Git-1.7.0.2-preview20100309.exe
2) Create a directory in C:\aeon
3) Launch GitBASH (from start menu, or browse to msysgit from program files. Do not mistaken as Git GUI)
4) Type "cd /c/aeon" at the command prompt
5) Type "git clone git ://github/pix/aeon/git"
6) You can now rename the directory to skin.aeon65 and move it to the addon folder in XBMC

To update thereafter
1) Launch GitBASH
2) Type "cd /c/aeon" at the command prompt (or wherever your directory is located)
3) Type "git pull"

Quote:Alternative download instructions (TortoiseGIT):
To download initially
1) Download and install TortoiseGIT. Reboot
2) Download and install msysgit
*Git-1.7.0.2-preview20100309.exe
3) In Windows, go to Start\All Programs\TortoiseGIT\Settings
4) In general, locate MSysGit at the bottom of the screen. Under Path, put in "C:\Program Files\Git\bin"
5) Create a new folder anywhere you want
6) Right click on the folder and select GITclone
7) paste git://github.com/pix/aeon.git to URL of repository
8) Hit OK
9) When download is done, you can rename the aeon folder to skin.aeon65. Move the skin to XBMC addon

To update thereafter
1) Right click on skin.aeon65 and select gitsync

You should also change the title to

[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request

XBMC SVN Build Download:
http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=Notes
^^ Right on!

Also, guys, do you suggest I convert all my backdrops to .BMPs? Does it really make a difference to the speed?
chanders Wrote:^^ Right on!

Also, guys, do you suggest I convert all my backdrops to .BMPs? Does it really make a difference to the speed?

I converted everthing for backdrop to bmp, definitely much faster and transition is smoother. My cpu ain't slow either, it's an e8400. My whole XBMC and related folders are almost 1gb.....
I asked Hitcher to rename this post as I can't do it. Anyway, i'll add your instruction tomorrow kin0kin.

I'm going to sleep. Good night folks.
pixdamix, wow, great work, i tried it yesterday on 10.5 from what I can see it works great so far.

Please keep up the good work !
kin0kin Wrote:Is it possible to modify the xmls so that every window id that is present will be shown on each respective screen? This will make debugging much easier.

Just change debugging="false" to debugging="true" in the skin's addon.xml.
Hitcher Wrote:Just change debugging="false" to debugging="true" in the skin's addon.xml.
Wonderful! Gotta add the DebugGrid into this skin to make life easier.

EDIT

Does anybody know what is this? it doesn't seem to do anything?
Code:
    <include name="Background_ContextBlack">
        <control type="image" id="909">
            <description>Darken screen for Context Menu etc.</description>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <texture>common/black.png</texture>
            <colordiffuse>c3FFFFFF</colordiffuse>
            <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(218) | Window.IsVisible(130) | Window.IsVisible(109) | Window.IsVisible(111) | Window.IsVisible(600) | Window.IsVisible(402) | Window.IsVisible(2000) | Window.IsVisible(601) | Window.IsVisible(602) | Window.IsVisible(601) | Window.IsVisible(132) | Window.IsVisible(106) | Window.IsVisible(103) | Window.IsVisible(129) | Window.IsVisible(126)</visible>
        </control>
Does what it says in the description - darks the underlaying screen when a window is opened with the ids 218, 130, etc.
kin0kin Wrote:Pix, add this to the first post please so that newcomers know how to download this.
I added this on the Wiki (so anyone with a github account can edit it) and put a link on the first post.

Could you or anymone make a tutorial explaining how to sends patchs (diffs) using TortoiseGit and or GitBash ?
http://wiki.github.com/pix/aeon/how-to-send-a-patch
I added two links to provide notifications of the repository

Quote:
Sorry, been really busy. Haven't had time to look at things. I'm actually looking into each file closely and cleaning them up one by one as I learn new things.

I'm not sure how to send patches. In fact, I have't been able to do a git pull, the option doesn't show up even though I've added it to the context menu in settings. I ended up right click on the folder and run git bash, the type git pull. Big Grin
Be sure you are not reformating the xmlfiles with your editor.

Using git bash you can do:

Code:
$ git clone git://github.com/pix/aeon.git skin.aeon65
$ cd skin.aeon65
$ (edit some files)

Once you've edited the files you want, you can do:

Code:
$ git diff

Here, yo will see a patch file, with + representing the lines you've added, and - the ones you've removed. If every lines starts with - and are all replaced then, you somehow overwritten the entire file. This can be quite difficult to merge if we made modification to the same file in the meantime.

Once the modifications looks ok

Code:
$ git add (the files you have modified)

You can see the changed but not added files using:

Code:
$ git status

Once you are ok:

Code:
$ git commit -m "Explain what I changed, What bug it closes: Ex: Closes #42 on github"
$ git format-patch origin/master

Then send us the *.patch files the last command created.

Hope this helps.

Edit, Git tutorials:
kin0kin Wrote:Sorry, been really busy. Haven't had time to look at things. I'm actually looking into each file closely and cleaning them up one by one as I learn new things.

I'm not sure how to send patches. In fact, I have't been able to do a git pull, the option doesn't show up even though I've added it to the context menu in settings. I ended up right click on the folder and run git bash, the type git pull. Big Grin

There is no git pull directly from the context menu :/ but if you install TortoiseGIT you get the option to right click, Git Sync and then there is a button giving you the option to "Pull". No more need to type in the console Smile

http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/downloads/list

thank you for cleaning up the code Big Grin it's really necessary!
kin0kin Wrote:run git bash and type git pull. Big Grin

You should type:

Code:
git pull --rebase
It reapply your changes (If you commited them) on top of our changes => easier merges Smile

One more thing, please try to commit often, as git provide a mechanism to help finding a problems in a revision set (git bisect) it helps when there's a lot of small commit instead of a HUGE commit overwriting 80% of the files Smile
Hi to all,
there's a way to have directly this view of recently added widget without pressing the up arrow key:

Thanks

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request2