• 12(current)
No resume form standby with vista remote after 2.6.32-23 #37 Kernel version
I actually left it at USB0 as that was what I had before upgrading to 10.10

When I enabled USB2 my system would automatically wake up after suspend, so I just didn't bother with it.

Also, the part where I got the 2-5 is wrong, it's from a different command but I can't find it right now.

I'll look for it when I get home, but it was with grep

Found it couple pages back:

Eldis Wrote:dmesg | grep mceusb
Code:
[   17.403131] mceusb 3-6:1.0: Registered Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver on usb3:2

So for me it's 3-6
Code:
echo "USB0" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "SMB0" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-6/power/wakeup
Guys, i found two "elegant" solutions to enable wakeup at /sys/bus/usb/devices/*B-*P/power/wakeup file.

(This is only tested on Maverick)

This automaticly looks for the right port. No matter where you plug the receiver it will find it. For that you will need the Vendor- and Product Id for you receiver. You can get it with

Code:
lsusb

Mine was:
Code:
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0471:0815 Philips (or NXP) eHome Infrared Receiver
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 046d:c517 Logitech, Inc. LX710 Cordless Desktop Laser
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

So my Vendor id is 0471 and the Product id is 0815.

Now i found two solutions to get the things enabled at boottime. First one is more elegant. Credits to a guy at Fedora forums. We need to create an Udev rule and that is it:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/90-mcewakeup.rules

Put this there, of course changing the vendor and product ids.

Code:
# enable wake from S3 for MCE USB device 0471:0815
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0471", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0815" RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo enabled > /sys$env{DEVPATH}/../power/wakeup'"

After rebooting, this takes care of the /sys/... part. Of couerse you still need to take care of the /proc/acpi/wakeup part like always.

Solution2 is more basic:

If you have a script where you put these enabling lines. Just put there:

Code:
usbpath=$(grep 0815 /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/idProduct | cut -c-24)
echo enabled > $usbpath/power/wakeup

You have to change the product id for your device.

Has anyone got a solution how to find the USBx number which we need to enable for the device at /proc/acpi/wakeup ? In XBMC Live Luigi is using command lshal. But as we don't have HAL installed (at least on my minimal Maverick system) and i really don't want to install that (slows down boot) we have to find another solution. So any idea is welcome. By that time i enable all three ports i have on my machine like this:

Code:
status=`cat /proc/acpi/wakeup | grep "USB0" | awk {'print $3}'`
        if [ "$status" = "*disabled" ]; then
                echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
        fi
        status=`cat /proc/acpi/wakeup | grep "USB1" | awk {'print $3}'`
                echo USB1 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
        fi
        status=`cat /proc/acpi/wakeup | grep "USB2" | awk {'print $3}'`
                echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
        fi

This could not work on your machine, or it could led the PC to wakeup for any mouse movements or just by itself so the best way would be to find a solution for picking out the right port at boot-time.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Great job man, did the trick for me. Just had to create the udev rule and I can happily wake up my machine again via mce receiver :-)

boba
For some reason I just cant change the /proc/acpi/wakeup file. Ive tried echo-ing it, but then when I cat the file its not there. Ive tried just opening it in Nano, but as soon as I save and cat it its gone again. Im running XBMC Live Dharma final on a Zotac MAG with an MCE reciever. It works to put it in standby, but when I hit the power button the LED just stays lit on the reciever and nothing happens. Ideas?
CASHMON3Y Wrote:For some reason I just cant change the /proc/acpi/wakeup file. Ive tried echo-ing it, but then when I cat the file its not there. Ive tried just opening it in Nano, but as soon as I save and cat it its gone again. Im running XBMC Live Dharma final on a Zotac MAG with an MCE reciever. It works to put it in standby, but when I hit the power button the LED just stays lit on the reciever and nothing happens. Ideas?

You can change it if you actually go into super-user mode:

Code:
sudo su

After that type the echo commands.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
alanwww1 Wrote:You can change it if you actually go into super-user mode:

Code:
sudo su

After that type the echo commands.
Already tried that. Same outcome, it just doesn't "stay". I echo it in, says it worked, then I cat the file and its not there. Ive even tried changed one that is in there to enabled, saved it in nano, then reopened it and its gone. Im installing XBMCFreak 10.00 now and ill post if it works under that. Then if not its back to Windows
alanwww1 Wrote:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/90-mcewakeup.rules

Put this there, of course changing the vendor and product ids.

Code:
# enable wake from S3 for MCE USB device 0471:0815
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0471", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0815" RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo enabled > /sys$env{DEVPATH}/../power/wakeup'"

Alanwww1 - Thx very muchly for providing this fix. I have been spending part of my Xmas break upgrading to a newer version of LIVE - only to find much has changed - and all the fixes I detailed in my install guide didn't work.

Thankfully, this resolved my remote issue. So I humbly bow to you sir. Thx for taking the time to detail it here.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Oops...spoke too soon. Seems that after resuming from suspend, the remote stops working. I've been reading all arvo about lirc stopping and starting etc, I have installed a script to combat this and still NOTHING!

Any suggestions?

I running xbmc 10 with 2.6.35-24 kernel.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
My script does this:
stops lirc.
stops lirc on xbmc (xbmc-send)

starts lirc.
starts lirc on xbmc
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:My script does this:
stops lirc.
stops lirc on xbmc (xbmc-send)

starts lirc.
starts lirc on xbmc

HI - were you actually replying to me?? If so, what script and where can it be found?
Okay...seems like I got it to work (fingers crossed Laugh).

I used this...
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc

Then selected

Code:
Remote Control Configuration: Windows Media Center Transciever/Remotes (All)

AND

Code:
IR transmitter: Microsoft Windows Media Center V2 (usb) - Direct TV Reciever

Suddenly it is working. Don't figure. Not sure if anything else I did had any bearing on this. Wish I knew how to undo all of it so I could figure WHICH steps solved the problem.
alanwww1 Wrote:G
Has anyone got a solution how to find the USBx number which we need to enable for the device at /proc/acpi/wakeup ? In XBMC Live Luigi is using command lshal. But as we don't have HAL installed (at least on my minimal Maverick system) and i really don't want to install that (slows down boot) we have to find another solution. So any idea is welcome.

Here you go, this should work out the ACPI device from the USB device ID.
It should also work where there are multiple device IDs but different vendors.
(ie. 0001 gets used a few times).

Code:
USB_DEVICE="062a:0818"
ID_PRODUCT=`echo $USB_DEVICE | cut -d: -f2`
ID_VENDOR=`echo $USB_DEVICE | cut -d: -f1`

for dev in `grep -l $ID_VENDOR /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/idVendor`
do
        devicedir=`dirname $dev`
        if grep -q $ID_PRODUCT $devicedir/idProduct
        then
                echo enabled > $devicedir/power/wakeup
                devnode=`cd "$devicedir"; /bin/pwd | cut -d/ -f5`
                acpinode=`grep $devnode /proc/acpi/wakeup | cut -f1`
                echo $acpinode > /proc/acpi/wakeup

fi
done
I used Shadow_Mx's solution to get my remote to suspend/resume on Xbmcfreak maverick beta 3. However, occasionally I need to press the power button on my MCE remote *twice* to get the machine to suspend. I press it once and the screen goes black but XBMC immediately reappears. I press the remote again and it suspends normally. Any ideas?
Wow, this thread is long!

So what's the simplest solution to fix no resume-from-USB (everything else suspend-wise/remote-wise is working) on this system:

Ubuntu 10.04
kernel: 2.6.32-33-generic-pae

Just I just downgrade the kernel a version? Worried that might mess up other things...
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
Still no fix.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No resume form standby with vista remote after 2.6.32-23 #37 Kernel version0