View Add-ons with updates available
I'm hesitant to start raising feature requests for something that isn't even out the door yet, but this is just a suggestion to improve an already great feature.

Add-ons needs a view to see which installed addons have updates available, without having to drill down through the folder structure of "Enabled add-ons".

Lately I start XBMC and get notification of 3 or 4 new add-ons. You then have to go to the add-ons section and start hunting around in the Enabled add-ons to find the ones that need updating. Would be much easier if there was a "virtual folder" showing Enabled add-ons that can be upgraded.

Cheers
Aaron
I couldn't find any matching Feature Request for this but I liked the idea so I dove into the code and created a patch I posted in Trac: Ticket #9633.

Let me know what you think and what I could improve. Thanks.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks Montellese for taking this initiative.

I haven't looked at the code, but notice you said in Trac that you've included a media source for outdated addons. Does this mean I need to create a new source for this? Or is this how the virtual folders are handled in the Add-ons section?

Cheers
Aaron
I had to create a virtual media source to be able to show it in the user interface. The "Enabled Addons" etc are virtual media sources as well. This means you don't have to do anything. It automatically appears under Settings -> Add-ons whenever there is an update availabale for one of your installed addons.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Why not apply updates automatically like other addons ie .. scrapers ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Can addons be applied automatically? If so, how do you set this up?

Personally, I wouldn't want skins applied automatically but small things like scrapers I would. Can you control this individually on a per addon type?
AaronD Wrote:Can addons be applied automatically? If so, how do you set this up?

Personally, I wouldn't want skins applied automatically but small things like scrapers I would. Can you control this individually on a per addon type?

Add-Ons > Sub menu > Auto updates - On

Skins update just fine but you'll only see the results if you refresh or restart XBMC.
Hitcher Wrote:Add-Ons > Sub menu > Auto updates - On

Skins update just fine but you'll only see the results if you refresh or restart XBMC.

Thanks didn't see that as option till now ...
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
View Add-ons with updates available0