Some videos display wrong aspect ratio.
I've seen a bunch of posts like this but none of them have been very clear on what to do about it.

Several videos in my collection play in the correct aspect ratio normally, outside of XBMC. When played in XBMC, they stretch from the desired 4.3 to 16.9.

I've found that it is possible to go through each video manually and change it to "Stretch 4.3", but this really isn't ideal.

Why is this happening?
Usually it's because there's aspect ratio information in both the container and the codec which are conflicting.

There was a bug a while back with AR being applied twice in some cases, but this has since been fixed. Make sure you've verified that there's a problem in the latest nightly.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Never thought to actually try out the latest daily. But, yes, just tried it and it's still happening here.

The funny thing is that, the little icons that appear by the episode, that show the codecs, resolution, things like that... are showing the correct ratio. It just doesn't use that ratio when the video plays...

So do I just have to wait until it's fixed or is there something I can actually do?
You can provide samples that show the issue. I believe there's a ticket on trac already that you could attach them to.

The easier it is for devs to reproduce, the faster it'll get looked at.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some videos display wrong aspect ratio.0