Interest in a wwiTV scrape project?
I don't know if there some plugin I should be using instead for this, but I couldn't find anything and decided to solve the problem myself.

Back when I had a myth box, we made use of MythStream pretty frequently. We've been using XBMC on both my xbox and on my new media center for some time, but I missed MythStream.

To solve that problem, I wrote a DOM scraping script in PHP to grab the data off of wwiTV, saving it to a MySQL database, and then writing (again in PHP, not really interested in becoming a python developer just yet) a FUSE app called "wwitvfs" to provide the useful subset of that data to XBMC as strm files.

The script reads the contents of ASX and RAM files for stream URLs, and while it captures data that XBMC can't use (embedded flash stations and URL links), I'm capturing that for future use.

Since XBMC isn't going to be able to handle all of the codecs available on these links, and some of them are just up and broken, I wrote a quick interface to spit information about the last "file" read so I can mark stations as working, uninteresting, capable of crashing XBMC, etc.

When all is said and done, the files and directories could be tarred up and used for an updated XBMC-TV distribution, but I'm wondering if there's something else out there that I should be using instead of this. If not, is this something I should be sharing?
Here are some screenshots to show you what I mean:

Here's a view from XBMC. Filename includes title, stream type, and database id.

And here's the web page as viewed from my iDevice for following what stream was last read by XBMC. I'm just keeping track of the last file opened, and since XBMC is the only thing walking this file structure, that works.
Thumbs Up 
I have been wondering how to do this for some time! I would greatly appreciate it if you could share this! Thanks!Big Grin
Sorry for bumping this topic but did you ever released this addon?

Sounds great to have it ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interest in a wwiTV scrape project?0