Linux or Windows with nVidia ION?
Hello all,

My htpc is running Win 7 32bit on an nVidia ION board (asus AT3IONT-I). I'm using the nightly build and dxva for 1080p mkv file etc. I'm completely satisfied with the performance :-) I love XBMC!

However today I read an article which said that ION based acceleration is now "fully" supported by xbmc in Linux. There was no mention of windows?

I'm now wondering if the performance of my htpc will improve if I migrate to Linux?

Any thoughts or comments welcome!
You might get a slight performance increase in the GUI and faster boot time with live but I think you really answered you own question in the first line "I'm completely satisfied with the performance" Smile

It was in linux long time before windows I've tried live and windows on an Asrock and I'm still using windows, you could always try booting live off usb and see for yourself
Thanks for the reply.

I've already spent so much time playing around with xbmc on windows that I dare not begin again unless I'm missing something worthwhile.

Glad to know that the ION support in windows in now on par with that in Linux.
Well live is more the set top box solution boots straight into XBMC trying live installed on usb wouldn't disturb your windows setup

I think this is one of those things that's best to see for yourself to really find out as you might prefer it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux or Windows with nVidia ION?0