Is a official iPhone planned
Hi,
Seeing that the wonderful Android App for XBMC is out and working fine, I then naturally wondered if there was a iPhone app in the plans? Ive seen that there is a bunch of unofficial ones out there but no Official.

Being a iPhone developer myself Im keen on getting started a open source project for this but I would rather contribute to the official one instead of creating yet another unofficial version.

Thanks for a great product and I hope I can contribute in the future.

Regards
Kenth Fagerlund
iphone, and the entire apple ecosystem, represents exactly the oppsite of xbmc. closed, censored, with no option of modifying the software offered to the general user (don't toss the jailbreak argument please). android on the other hand has exactly the same principles as xbmc - openness. i hope we don't.
I agree with you that the Apple ecosystem is very restrictive and that the Android platform will give you much more flexibility. But staying away from the political issue of closed vs open its still a major platform with a lot of users that most likely would be happy to see a XBMC client on it.

But sure, it the reason is that you guys think the platform is to limiting and wouldn't allow you to create as good as a product you want to then I understand.

But I will take that as there is no active talk on supporting iPhone right now and we are left to our own devices to support it. No worries, I can live with that Smile

Thank you for your reply spiff.

Regards
Kenth Fagerlund
my view is only that - my view. it's not an official team xbmc view. but you are correct, there is no activity within the team. if this is to happen, i think it needs to happen the way the android app happened - on the initiative of individuals.

there are no technical issues with doing an iphone app, only politics Smile
And I agree completely with your view (Even though Im paid by my company to develop on the evil platform Wink )

But I'll take the chance then and start up my own open source project that agrees with your coding standards and licences and maybe, just maybe politics gets put aside and you guys can use the code as a starting point.

Hope you don't mind if I use the Android App as a modelHuh as I create it cause I really love it (use it on my primary phone) and would love to be able to replicated it as well as I can.

Have a great day

Kenth Fagerlund
not that it's my permission to grant, but i sincerly doubt freezy et al will mind. using the app as a starting point makes complete sense, and having a unified experience across all platforms can only be a good thing, obviously to the extent possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is a official iPhone planned0