Connection issue?
Question 
I'm having issues connecting from the Android remote (v0.8.2-beta1 revision678) to a Windows 7 box running XBMC v9.11 r26017.

I have followed the set up guide, the other connection issue threads and not getting anywhere. I set up the XBMC on the phone using the set up guide and end up with a 'I/O Exception (java.net.SocketException) No route to host' error.

I have verified that the phone and XBMC host computer are both on the same network and the 8080 port is open and forwarding both TCP and UDP.

I have loved using XBMC in the past couple months and have loved using my new phone in the last couple of days. Please help me figure out why they won't live in perfect harmony!

Misc. Information

Computer is an Aspire Revo running Windows 7 with a wireless connection that is WEP encrypted as well as networked via ethernet cable to a NAS.
Thats the message you get when the app cant reach xbmc. Check your settings in xbmc and disable your firewall temporarily.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
I'm having the exact same issue. I'm fairly sure my firewall is disabled but I'll double check that tonight. Another thing I'll add tho is that I can get to the web GUI via a laptop on the wireless, but only if I add "http://" to the beginning of the URL. If I don't add it, it gives me a "Could not connect" error. However, that's when using IE, if I use Chrome it finds it no problem. I tried it on my workstation, which is on the same wired network as my HTPC, and had the same results, in IE I had to add the "http://" but in Chrome I did not. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks guys, I can't wait to get this up and running the screenshots look fantastic!

Edit:
Firewall is off, no change. See my post blow.
Same problem here.

My settings on XBMC and XBMC Remote for Android are 100% correct as per here: http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem..._and_later)

I have stopped my firewall (XBMC is on the exceptions list though) and have forwarded port 8080 on my router but I still have the error:

'I/O Exception (java.net.SocketException) No route to host'

What are the other undocumented settings in the android app? I've not touched them. My MAC address says 00:00:00:00:00:00 which is probably of some issue.

When I populate the IP field on the Android app 'Add new host' a pop up says 'updated MAC for host: [IP address] 00:00:00:00:00:00'

I tried populating the access point field and my MAC address manually but still no luck.

Any ideas?
The issue might not be with XBMC Remote. Try going into airplane mode, then turning your wireless on. After that open your browser and see if you can do a search on google for "test" or anything. Doesn't work on mine.

Check this out:

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/07/22/droi...-anything/
kyle_anson Wrote:The issue might not be with XBMC Remote. Try going into airplane mode, then turning your wireless on. After that open your browser and see if you can do a search on google for "test" or anything. Doesn't work on mine.

Check this out:

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/07/22/droi...-anything/

I have no problem connecting via Wi-Fi in airport mode.
Sounds more like you are having a general network problem. Double check your settings and try to open the WebGUI on your phone.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
the_alien Wrote:Sounds more like you are having a general network problem. Double check your settings and try to open the WebGUI on your phone.

I've checked and re-entered my settings about 20 times.

What do you mean by the WebGUI?
Try to open this url
a) on another computer and
b) on your phones browser:
http://<xbmc>:<xbmcport>/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetSystemInfo(120)
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
barryfell Wrote:I have no problem connecting via Wi-Fi in airport mode.
Now thats strange!
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
StarChild Wrote:Now thats strange!

Yeah airplane mode on my Desire only disables the mobile voice and data connections. Not WLAN.
If anyone else comes across this problem, try resetting/restarting your router. Did the trick for me just now
I also gets the same fail code I/O Exception (java.net.SocketException) No route to host, when I press power on button. Everything else works fine, thank you very much for that. Mac address and bios settings should be ok since I can start the computer from a different android app.

ver. 0.8.4 beta 1
rev. 703
Zte blade 2.1
Star 
Thanks everyone for helping me out. I have the G-2 HTC Android and was having a multitude of issues and these posts all helped out.

I'm using Norton Internet Security 2011 on a Windows 7 platform. I had several problems:

Firewall: I learned through this posting that I needed open Norton and use the "add rule wizard" settings > network settings > Smart Firewall > Configure and follow the prompts, and used the my local network and chose the port 8080 after looking at the tables to make sure something wasn't already occupying the port.

Side Note: I was using the most current version of XBMC, and downloaded the stable version. Previously I was able to connect with an I4Phone without as much trouble, but was plagued by the gap in the documentation transition from the old version to the new. The Enable Web-server was a real time killer.

Wireless network from my computer: Some commands that came in handy
ipconfig /release ----- releases your currently assigned IP Address
ipconfig /renew ---- renews your IP Address, but you can be assigned the address that you had previously
ipconfig /all ---- shows all of your IP settings
ipconfig ? ---- generates the help command and displays all ipconfig options

Once you use these commands, double check your IPV4 address using C:/ipconfig /all

The problem ultimately was the Android was seeking a connection and not maintaining it. I discovered his by choosing my Android Settings > Wireless & Network > WiFi settings and then noticed the Android was rhythmically seeking and both connecting and disconnecting

This was very strange as I have a very strong connection and am using a D-Link DIR-655 just 5 feet away. I severed the connection to the network to the Android, then reconnected (WPA2-PSK). After that, I was able to connect and now it works like a charm.

Enabling Web-server: Thank you so much for explaining this as well.

I don't know if anyone reads these, but it think it would be most helpful if someone would update the new version.

System > Network > Allow Control of XBMC via HTTP

Change to "Allow Control of XBMC via HTTP/Enable Webserver"

A short term work around would be to include a notation to this effect in

http://code.google.com/p/android-xbm...9_11_and_later)

I apologize for the length and detail of this post, and am just hoping to help someone out if the above posts don't get them resoltion.
Sad 
I have been through EVERY video and post and no one seems to be talking about the newest XBMC version 10 software. I have followed all protocols, changed every variable in both the program and remote (putting my CompTIA certifications to the test,lol!). Ok so here's what I got, tell me where I'm going horribly wrong...

Windows 7 home premium x64 on a toshiba satellite P505-S8980

Windows firewall only (tcp and udp 8080 9777 both forwarded)

Linksys E1000 N wireless router (which linksys doesn't even have support for in many programs including slingplayer...don't get me started...)

newest version of XBMC remote on my Moto Droid (Android version 2.2.1)

XBMC remote version v0.8.4-beta1 Build: Revision 703

XBMC for windows version 10.0

I keep getting " I/O Exception (java.net.SocketException) No route to host "

I can't get the webgui to pull up under any of my internet browsers (safari,firefox,IE,chrome,or opera)

can't get it to pull up under my phone either, but all other websites work.

gmote works fine on my computer and phone, so does the vlc remote app for control and streaming...

It's such an amazing app, and I think I can get Blu-Ray support which turns my laptop into my media center for the 16 monitors and tvs in my house (Say hello to the uber nerd!) Please help me find the process I'm missing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connection issue?1